Words of Comfort
The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.
What I Am Working On Right Now
Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts
Three or More Thursday #6
This week for Three or More Thursday I am going to show you some ornaments I made while I was pregnant with my son. He turns 28 this month, so that means these ornaments are 28 years old.

These are snowflake ornaments that I crocheted with crochet cotton. After I finished them I starched them with liquid starch and let them dry. That gave them their shape. They have held up well over the years.

There are several different versions of the snowflakes as you can tell by the pictures I have here.

Also in the some of the pictures you can see the icicles made with clear beads and pipe cleaners. Those I made with my kids help when they were growing up. We had gotten a few as a Christmas gift and we added to the collection by making more.

These ornaments are on a small tree we bought last year that came with lights already on them. Last year was our first year to use a fake tree, but last we year did not put any ornaments on it. This year I decided to add my snowflake ornaments.

I have pictures of the tree and the decor items I set around the tree on my
main blog. Go on over there to see how those look. Thank you to Tam at
The Gypsy Corner for hosting Three or More Thursdays. Go visit Tam and see who else has posted for Three or More Thursday. Happy Thursday!
Crafty Quotes
One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller
Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne
Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
8 comments:
I love these! My fingers cramped too bad when I tried to crochet so I never did more than an afghan or two. I admire your talent and I really like the icicles!
Oh Nea, I love your old handmade ornaments! I lost all of mine...never did find out what happened to the box. Happy 3 or More Thursday!
Your ornaments are so pretty and delicate, just like REAL snowflakes. Just love them!
I enjoyed your blog, you are a busy bee!
Stephanie
I miss those ornaments! I also remember making those icicle ornaments. I'm glad that you were able to put them up this year. Makes me wish I could be home to see them.
I still love these crocheted ornaments! As to your question. Yes I store them the rest of the year in big Rubbermaid totes (they survived the flood in the crawl space bz the Rubbermaid lids seal tight. The other brand didn't survive, just an FYI!). I do hang them from nails of other things that are usually there the rest of the year! They hang a little goofy on the wall but I don't want another hole just for a few weeks each Christmas. I do this with my other holiday decor that hangs also! Thanks for asking. Cindy
Nea, I love the ornaments, the snowflakes. I have always liked those, but didn't take the time to learn how to do them. I have ornaments from my boy, when they were little. The twins are now 30 and my youngest 28. don't they grow up fast, and that makes us OLD??????
Those snowflakes really have held up well. I remember my sister making several dozen of them many moons ago. I need to make some for next year.
Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz
I love these ornaments! Someone made me a set once and they're so pretty!
Post a Comment