Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Friday, November 13, 2009

Get R Done Friday! More Sewing with Niece

Whoo Hoo!
It is Friday again!
Time for Get R Done with ClassyChassy
Feel free to join us with your Get R Done projects.
~~~~~~~
I have been sewing with my niece again this week.
I am teaching her to sew.
Here she is using my mother's featherweight.

I helped her sew the pockets on.

This one too!
It is a reversible apron.

While she was sewing, I worked on this block.
I finished it too!

Making progress!

Here she is sewing the two sides of the apron together.

Turning it right side out and pressing the edges.

Ta Da!! Side one.

And side two!
And yes that is a loom to the the left there.
And on the windowsill are two Amish
dolls I had painted for my mother one year.
This room was once my bedroom.
Now it is my mother's sewing room.
Finished this anniversary card this morning.

The inside.

Helmi has hopped into my bag again.
She likes traveling with us.

We are packed at ready to head out the door.
Will mail the card on the way.
Have a great week end folks!!
~~~~~~~~
What is your Get R Done?
~Linnea~

2 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

Wow - you sure outshined ME!!! Love your quilt block, and your niece's apron turned out very well - she should be proud! Quite an accomplishment! I hope I'll have more to show next week...I went out to buy supplies to put together some holiday gifts....Oh boy! Thanks for joining in GET R DONE this week! Have a great weekend!

Angela said...

I just love the look of your mother's sewing machine! You are such a great Aunt teaching your Niece how to sew! Her apron turned out great! I'm sure she will cherish it for years to come!

Get R Done Friday!
Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown