Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?-One Finish, Progress on Others

is our host for this Friday theme. 
Thank you Sarah for hosting!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally finished this apron that was supposed to be a gift 
for Christmas 2010. Bad Me!!
But it is done. Now I need to give it to 
my sister-in-law. That Christmas I gave her the fabric
and then took it back. Just took me a while to get it done.
 I am joining Terry over at Terry's Treasures 
making these house blocks for the Houses Sew-Along 
she has going on her blog.
These are the January blocks.
Just today I was cutting out the pieces for the February blocks.
Hope to be sharing them next week.

 I made progress on these Baby Crawl Mats I am making.
I shared what I had done so far last week.
This week I starting sewing around the fleece shapes.
 And then you have to trim them.
 Unfortunately I made a boo-boo. :(
Forgot to check to make sure wrong sides were facing out 
on this one. Darn! Now I have to rip it out and do it again the 
correct way.  Always something.......

Did you get anything done this week?

~Linnea~

4 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Linnea!

The apron turned out great! I'm a little slow on some projects too. There's always so many things on my project list I get sidetracked.

I'm so comforted in the fact that a seasoned sewer like you made a boo-boo... I get so mad at myself when I do stuff like that. I REALLY don't like ripping out things, I guess no sewer does!

Have a great day! blessings & hugs, Sherry

Terry said...

Your red blocks look great! I haven't gotten anything done this week. Well, technically last week as Sunday starts a new week! So there's hope for me yet! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea! Oh, the apron turned out so cute! It's okay that it took you awhile - I'm sure your SIL will love it! You've been busy and I love those quilt blocks! I can just imagine what an entire quilt would look like!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Amy Jo said...

I think it's so funny that you gave your SIL the fabric for Christmas and then took it back in 2010. Which means she didn't get it for Christmas this past year either! Better late than never. I'm sure that she was excited to receive it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown