Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Time for Whoop Whoop

 Time for Whoop Whoop again.
No finishes for me but I did make progress. 
I had hoped that this would be a February finish,
but I guess it will have to be a March finish.

Thank you to Sarah over at Confessions of A Fabric Addict 
for hosting this fun meme.

 Still working on my tote bag. There is a lot involved in this project.
The instructions did not say to add plastic canvas,
but I decided I wanted a firm base so I cut a piece to fit.
And hand sewed it in, so it would stay put. 
I started in the middle of each edge and worked out 
while sewing it and used quilting thread since it is heavier 
than regular thread.
Worked great!
 The outside of one side of the bag.
Don't have the lining in it yet at this point.
Those tabs are for buttoning the pocket closed.
 Here is the other side. I am loving this!
There is enough left of the strips to make this bag two more  times.

 I made covered buttons to match.
This project is included as part of the tote bag project.
A pouch out of vinyl and fabric to keep 
doodads in. 
I will use it for floss, scissors, needles and that kind of thing.
I am going to use my bag to carry cross stitch and other stitchery projects.
It will be a fun bag to carry around!

Hope to show it finished next week!

~Linnea~

5 comments:

Terry said...

Nice bag! :0)

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great bag! I like to add the extra firmness, too.

Sarah Craig said...

Such a beautiful bag! Smart to use plastic canvas in the bottom - and I like your vinyl pouch, too! Whoop whoop!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Ahhh, there you are...........
went over to the other blog and saw you hadn't posted for awhile.

Love your tote bag, it is beautiful,
and you have done such a wonderful job on it. Great idea to carry all your stitchery stuff right along with you. That was a good idea to put the plastic canvas in the bottom to make it sturdier.

Well, a big whoop whoop for you!! lol

Hope you are doing well sweetie,
Blessings to you, Nellie

Amy Jo said...

Wow. That bag is so cool! I love all the fabric combinations and that you have enough leftover to make 2 more. Ha!

Good Job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown