Lots of RED so it is easy to do that.
Thank you to Sue at My Secret Garden for hosting
REDnesday for us.
And also thank you to Leslie of My Country Home for hosting
Whatcha Working on Wednesday!
This is fun.
for the Stitch Along Blog I belong to.
The highlighting on the apples are really
making the apples come to life.
Now you get to find out what I made and why.
I made somewhat of a mention of why on my main blog.
My donation to a Silent Auction at our church on Sunday.
This is why I was scrambling to get this project done.
Guesses?
Tablerunner, banner, placemat, and quilt.
So which is correct.
It is one of these choices.
you got owies in the process.
Thank you Helmi for giving me your seal of approval!
Napkins here!
I have to admit I am proud of my mitered corners.
Well....most of them.
Some did not quite turn out this perfect.
Voila a placemat.
Placemat is the correct answer.
A set of four along with four napkins to match.
See how the napkin is made out of one of the little
square fabrics.
I ended up not using the lighter blue and red squares I was making.
Too light for this combination.
I will save them for another project.
Maybe more placemats.
For me.
Since I did not get to keep this set I just made.
One of my Sister-in-laws( I have 6 sister-in-laws) won the bid
and now she wants more.
If I can find more of the same fabric perhaps.
I can see this pattern in Christmas fabrics too!
I did get lots of oohs and aahs over this project
once I got it to church.
Oh, you know how last minute I finished this set?
At the auction. I was still handstitching the binding down
on 2 of the placemats.
But I am glad to I got them done!!
Happy REDnesday and Whatch Working on Wednesday!
~Linnea~
I have to admit I am proud of my mitered corners.Well....most of them.
Some did not quite turn out this perfect.
Voila a placemat.Placemat is the correct answer.
A set of four along with four napkins to match.
See how the napkin is made out of one of the littlesquare fabrics.
I ended up not using the lighter blue and red squares I was making.
Too light for this combination.
I will save them for another project.
Maybe more placemats.
For me.
Since I did not get to keep this set I just made.
One of my Sister-in-laws( I have 6 sister-in-laws) won the bid
and now she wants more.
If I can find more of the same fabric perhaps.
I can see this pattern in Christmas fabrics too!
I did get lots of oohs and aahs over this project
once I got it to church.
Oh, you know how last minute I finished this set?
At the auction. I was still handstitching the binding down
on 2 of the placemats.
But I am glad to I got them done!!
Happy REDnesday and Whatch Working on Wednesday!
~Linnea~





12 comments:
Your mitred corners are beautiful..well done you!
Lovely set, you must be feeling very proud !
Great job! The table set is pretty but I love your cross stitch.
Linnea,
The placemats and napkins are great! Very perfect and festive for this time of year! You put them to together so nicely :)
And you're so close to finishing that cross stitch! I love watching it come to life each week :)
Have a great day!
Leslie
I need to learn how to do corners like that! Nice theme material. My SIL made and apron with the white background and little stars. They are so dainty!
The cross stitch is lovely - nice work!
I love them! You did a great job and the cross stitch is coming along so nice! I feel all Fourth of July"ee" now! Cindy
Oh, I love your placemat and napkin set! Great for summer!
Now you can put your red dishes and cherry glasses on them!
If you saw my mitered corners, you'd be OTFLYBO!
All your craftworks are sóóó beautiful! Love the table set!
Thanks for visitng my blog. Great job on the cross stitch, But I love the placemat and napkins.
Those came out really nice. That's the kind of project I could enjoy trying. Christmas placemats would be beautiful. Oh, the combinations of colors and patterns you could use!
take care,
Dawn
Hi Linnea:
How did I not know you had a craft blog??? I feel so dumb.
Had to stop and say hi and thanks for your well wishes. I'm doing better!!! I'll use some of my new found energy to get caught up on blogs...I've truly missed all my blog friends, even though you were only as far away as the computer. Just couldn't make in this last 10 days!
Sounds like your 4th was wonderful.
Be well and I'll come back and visit soon.
Post a Comment