Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Friday, February 4, 2011

Pink Saturday Girls

It has been a long time since I participated in a Pink Saturday with Beverly at 
But here I am again finally.
I call this post the Pink Girls because I now have TWO granddaughters!!
Our older granddaughter is now 4 1/2 years old.
Kaylyn the new granddaughter arrived on Nov. 13, 2010.
We are thrilled to have two precious grandbabies, but we are not thrilled to live so far away from them.

But we did go to Florida in December for my birthday to see our kiddies. And to make it even more special our daughter flew to Florida to be there too. I loved having all my kiddos together for my birthday!

Here I am holding Kaylyn and she is in adorable pink. She wore a lot of PINK while we were there.
And yes I did cut my hair. Some of you may remember it used to be much longer.
My shoulders could not handle messing with long hair anymore.

When we found out our new grandchild was going to be a girl,
I decided to make prayer shawls/blankets for them.
Above is the one I made for Shaylee, the 4 1/2 year old.
It is a shawl I made from an adult pattern, but made smaller to fit her smaller frame.
I used a self patterning yarn called Cuddle Muffin made by Sensations.

For Kaylyn I made a prayer blanket in a pink patterned yarn by 
Bernat. I used their Softee Baby yarn in Baby Pink Marl.
We found out I could take a crochet hook on the plane with me.
Since this was not finished yet when we left home, I was able to work on it on the plane trip there.
I finished it before we left to return home.
Our last night there, I presented the prayer shawl and blanket to the girls.
We all stood in a circle as I said a prayer for each granddaughter and blessed them with my
prayer shawl and blanket for them. 
It was very touching and we all got a little teary-eyed.
Here we are as the PINK Girls.
Shaylee with her PINK shirt and prayer shawl.
Kaylyn wrapped up in the blanket. 
And I even have a PINK shirt on under my denim shirt!
I don't know when we can get there to see them again.
My hope is that it will be sooner than later.

Happy Pink Saturday!!
~Linnea~

12 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Very pink, but the best kind of pink! thank you for sharing, they are both beautiful as are the shawls

onlymehere said...

Beautiful shawl and blanket! I admire that talent. My hands cramp up too bad to crochet so I leave that craft alone. We're expecting our third granddaughter this spring and you're right, they're the best ever! Live the hair cut too. Someday I may get brave and cut mine too.

Ruby said...

Very sweet PINK post! Congratulations on the lovely granddaughters. :)

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Linnea,
So good to see a post girly.
Your grandaughter are so sweet and adorable. Loved your prayer blankets, they are so pretty, and you did such a nice job. Have never heard them called that, but what a great idea, and to say a blessing over them too. Very Neat Idea!!
I like your new haircut....it looks great!
So glad you got to go visit your kids for your birthday. That is hard being so far away from them.
Do yall have skype or anything like that....cause I know some people that do and love it cause they can see their family as they talk to them. and since your one grandaughter is 41/2 maybe you could email her regularly. I wish
my Mom would have tried to keep in touch with my children but unless we went to visit her they never saw or heard from her. Which I think was very sad.....for my children, but especially for her, cause she didn't know what a joy she was missing!! Guess they will have to wait till they get to glory to really get to know each other!!
What hope we have in the Lord and His plan for us.
Hope you are doing well, you sure look like it in these pics.
Take care sweet friend,
have missed you,
blessings, Nellie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linnea! So good to see you!

I love your sweet grandbabies and the prayer shawl and blankies you made. You are so talented.

Thank goodness you posted this morning. My computer has been on the major fritz. Sometimes it works as in now, and sometimes it doesn't. Keys are sticking, and they simply won't type without me pounding them and sometimes not at all. I'm not sure why, but we are going in for an overhaul. I nearly pulled my hair out last night visiting for PS. LOL! Glad you're in this morning when it is working. It's the 'a' key and the shift. So you can imagine the chaos.

Wanted to wish you not only a Happy PS but a Happy New Year as well.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Susan said...

Oh, Linnea, you had the perfect birthday; you and your granddaughters are so pretty. I do like your new look and know what you mean about maintaining long hair, sometimes my arms can't take it when I dry my hair.
I love the prayer shawl and blanket and how you blessed them is precious. How sweet!

Unknown said...

Linnea, I love your new hair-do! Very sweet.

Your dimpled darlings are just precious & the shawls are a lovely gift for them.

What a lovely birthday gift, a trip, your family & all the blessings that surrounded you.

Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

First let me say, your granddaughters are beautiful! Sorry that you can't live by them. Hopefully you can keep them spoiled from a distance! The blankets you made are so pretty! I had a similar one for my little girl and have put it away. Such a treasure.
I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
Happy PS!
Tammy

Gabriela Delworth * Instructional Designer and Professional Crafts Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Congratulations! They are adorable!



~ Gabriela ~

Terry said...

Hi Linnea! I had to do a double look at your hair! Very cute and makes you look so much younger - very pretty! Love the crochet projects that you mad. And how fun to see your family, it is hard when they don't live close. Wishing you and that husband of yours a wonderful Valentine's Day!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

returned to tell you thnkx for the comments, l. love you, too. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, s.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

this thing is giving me fits. lol. one minute the key works. the next minute it doesn't. i'm trying to see how to get by without it. sentences sound funny. i must send the computer in. my poor little mind is finding it too difficult to live without the letter. ;-p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown