Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Alphabe-Thursday-D is for /Vintage Thingie Thursday

 Jenny is our host for Alphabe-Thursday.
Click here to see others who are participating.
This is my first year to participate.
The first three posts are on my other blog,
but this time I am featuring things I made so this I will post over here!
D is for Dolls. And for Doll-bed.
I made the dolls when my Daughter was a young girl.
I made them from preprinted fabric and they were played with often.

 The Doll-bed I painted back in 1986.
 A closer view of the Dolls I made.
 The Dolls on the bottom are old ones.
Perhaps they used to be my mom's.
I don't remember for sure.
Here I am with my Daughter-in-law and my two precious
grand-Daughters!
They just recently visited us for Thanksgiving and here we are
at the San Francisco Zoo.
My grand Daughters played with my Dolls while they were here.
It was fun to have them here. First time they had been to our home!
I am also linking with Vintage Thingie Thursday since my dolls are older than 25 years and so is the Doll-bed.
In addition behind the Doll-bed is the spinning wheel that used to belong to my aunt/godmother.
Visit Suzanne at Colorado Lady for more Vintage Thingie Thursday posts.

Thanks for visiting!
~Linnea~

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful post and dolls I am about tobecome a grandmother for the first time

onlymehere said...

So glad you posted a picture of those cute granddaughters you told me about! No wonder you miss them already. I used to collect and make dolls way back when, now I just make Raggedy Annie's and Andy's.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

LV said...

What wonderful treasures you have kept and shared. I really like the photo of you and family.

anitamombanita said...

Those are pretty cool..talking about the dolls AND the grand daughters (dolls too!)

c. Joy said...

Love the dolls, I think they were one of the first things I made for my daughter when I got my first machine. I loved preprinted fabric. I'm follower #50. No, I'm not looking for a prize - just wanted you to know I liked your blog.

Pat said...

How sweet that those dear little dolls can be enjoyed by the next generation...they will continue to grow dearer each year.

Steph said...

The dolls you made are so sweet and the bed is too. How special that you had your first visit from your granddaughters in your home and they played with your own dolls too. What precious memories.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Delightful Dolls and Doll bed...and wonderful photo of you, your Daughter in law and your cute grandDaughters!

Thank you so much for your visit and comment :o)


Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
Blessings & Aloha!

KDL said...

Sweet dolls! Nice that they are still getting played with.Pretty paint job on their bed, too. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

What a delightfully sweet link to the letter D.

You are quite an amazing doll maker! And you can paint, too!

Thanks for sharing all your talents with us for the letter "D".

It was fun getting to see your work.

A+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown