Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Secret Santa Gifts and Tag Swap

I participated in the Secret Santa Soiree this year!
First time I had ever done that!
Always a first time for something and I am glad too.
It was fun!
Our host was Suzanne over at Colorado Lady.
Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into it.
When you click on the link it will take you to the original post 
and the links with 3 *** in front of the name have posted
about the gifts they received.

 My package arrived while my kids were visiting for Thanksgiving.
We had gotten home from wine tasting and taking all of them to
Train Town and I found the package waiting for me.
It was fun to open it with them here.
I opened the first gift then I remembered I needed to get a picture of the wrapped gifts!
The trinket box with a bear on it was the first one I opened.
 Here are all of them opened up. Such a wonderful variety!
 I had indicated I was starting to collect pincushions and 
look! I got a pincushion. Love love love it!!!
And a yellow fat quarter too.
Except in New Zealand I guess they are called Flat Fats!
LOL!
I have been seeing how others store their Fat Quarters.
I think I need to change how I do mine, by color!
 Even though this postcard tells me where my Secret Santa lives,
it still took me awhile to figure out who she is. 
I finally came across her blog and now I know.
The pincushion design helped too.
I am not going to say who it is yet.
Maybe you will figure it out too!
(update: well I go and say I figured out who my SS is and now I have
forgotten which blog is hers. Guess I need to play detective again. :) )
 Aren't these buttons adorable?!?
I love them!
 And embellishments  for card making or scrapbooking.
What fun! I love those too!
 And look at this cool bookmark!
I am using it on the book I am currently reading!
Thank you, thank you to my Secret Santa.
You sent me such wonderful fun items!
Love them all!

********************************************
Sue over at It's A Very Cherry World! was the host
for the Christmas Tag Swap
. The link takes you to the post where she writes about the Tags she received.
This is only the second time I have participated in a swap and 
what fun that is too. 
 This the front and the back of the card I sent Sue.
She happened to be my swap partner as well as the host!
How cool is that!?!
The tree design on the front is from an old Christmas card. 
I have saved Christmas cards and cut the interesting parts from cards and got rid of the rest.
Finally I have a use for them!
Actually I have used them as tags on gifts too.
This is the tag Sue sent me. Isn't it gorgeous! 
This is giving me ideas for future tags.
I hope to participate in tag swaps more often.
I just have to find out about them when they happen.
I almost missed this Christmas one.

And I am more prepared now.
I am saving cereal boxes and cutting my tags in the shape I want them in
and tossing the rest of the box. 
Now I will be more ready for the next swap I hear about.

~Linnea~

9 comments:

Coloradolady said...

What a great gift box you received. I love the pin cushion, so pretty and love the fabrics too. Merry Christmas!!

LV said...

A wonderful assortment of great goodies. Your tags are very pretty as well.

Cathy said...

Great gifts. That is the cutest pin cushion.

Kris said...

Oh, wow, Linnea!! You got some wonderful gifts and all the way from New Zealand!! How fun is that!! Have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!

Betty said...

What a nice Secret Santa. She even remembered that you collect pin cushions. Aren't you a good detective! I've had no luck so far.

Susan said...

I love your pincushion! That is so great with the dotty fabric, and that and the fq make for a very sunny package. The tags are also great - I missed that swap.

corina said...

You must have been a good girl this past year! Luv your pincushion. That flower button center is so cute. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Serenity said...

Linnea....

You were my secret santa :)))) I went through every blog and still couldn't figure out who it was. I wanted to thank you for the time you put into each gift you sent me! I absolutely loved each thing. I hung the Cross right above my computer so that when I feel weighed down, all I have to do is glance up. I pray you and your family had a very Merry Christmas and the New Year is filled with blessings from Above. God bless you and yours. (((Hugs)))

dana said...

I love it that you recycled pieces of your old Christmas cards for this tag swap. I CAN'T believe that when we moved here, 7 years ago, that I pitched boxes and boxes of old Christmas cards that I'd been saving for over 30 years! I just save everything and felt that was too much to move. What a mistake. I did, however, go through them and keep the ones my mom, sister and other close people sent to me.

It was so good to "hear" from you!!! Lets keep in touch more often. I don't know about you, but it's harder and harder to find computer time, but I sure miss the folks I first started blogging with....like you!

Hope you have a great 2012!

Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown