The first picture is done in cross stitch. The scarf part of her outfit is in blue so I decided to save it for a Blue Monday post. This was made by my mother-in-law and it hangs in my sister-in-law's house. The one we stayed a on our recent trip down there. And yes the ones who had to evacuate during the Sylmar fires. Their house was spared fortunately. So I am sure this beautiful cross stitch is still hanging in its place of honor.
I made this cat more than 6 years ago. It was before we moved to this house and we have been here nearly 6 years. The squares were pieced together and then the cat pattern was cut out. I had more than I needed and used the rest for a mini quilt for my daughter. Maybe she will post a picture of that quilt on her blog. I will have to ask her to do that. The cat is sitting guard over my couch in the living room. My mother made that blue afghan for me. It is a knitted one. I don't do knitting.
At the other end of the couch sits this pillow from Susan Winget fabric. I made this pillow. I lined the top part with batting and did quilting along some of the lines in the design. Like around the house, the door, the windows and so on. The phrase on there is "Be Kind of Heart". It says that all the way around the edge.
I have had some one ask me what a knitting bowl is. Picture above is the knitting bowl that used to be my grandmothers. It is designed to hold your yarn and you current project so you can easily pick it up to work on when you are in your favorite chair, or where ever. I have the yarn for current crochet project in there right now. In the background you can see the linen press my father made. The fall decor on there is the one in my header in my other blog.Happy Blue Monday!! Thank you to Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Monday for us! Go to the Blue Jay link on my side bar to see others participating in Blue Monday.
22 comments:
Linnea! I love your blue's today. I can't pick a favorite cuz I love them all. The Angel is a beauty, the cat is cute, the afghan is devine and I can't say I've ever seen a knitting bowl or a linen press before, but I like them too! LOL!
Enjoy your day. Hope you're feeling better and that the headache is a thing of the past. Hugs.
I love the cat. Your squares look so perfect. And, I'm really glad to hear your sister-in-law's house made it through the fire ok. Your turkey background is cute!
I love the cat! I made a cat but only from one fabric-this is so cute-I'll have to look for the pattern and do another :) Your knitting bowl is beautiful-truly a piece of sculpture.
I love all your blues today...
and the bowl is fabulous...great treasure.
Aren't you the crafty one! The cat is an intricate work with all of those piece, the pillow is special with the extra work of the quilting, but my favorite is your mom's afghan! How lovely! Happy Blue Monday!
So beautiful! The angel is spectacular!
I wish your sweeties were closer for you! That would be so hard. But I'm sure you're a wonderful long-distance Grandma!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs, Sherry
Linnea, I just went to your other blog from your post on mine, and I left you a message there, too!
Happy Blue Monday! I want that KITTY! Oh, how cute is he??? Love ALL your pretties!
Thank you for sharing these with us. And a Happy Blue Monday to you!
XO,
Sheila
Love the cross stitch and I'm fascinated with that knitting bowl!
Hi Linnea!
I'm so glad your sisters house was spared in the fires. The cross stitch is great. You have showed us so many wonderful things here today. The afghan your mom made is so beautiful. I love the little squares on the cat. That knitting bowl is a great keepsake. I've never heard of that before. I'll have to have my blog buddy who's a knitter check it out...
Hi Linnea,
I so envy all you crafty ladies. So much talent to make these lovely things.
Also admired the pink tulip hat. Such a radient smile. Is it OK to copy and use this picture in one of my future posts?
Oooh that cat tickles my fancy! Happy Blue Monday to you!
Ooops, I think my post didn't take! I love the cat! Happy Blue Monday!
Love that cross-stitch. The varied blues must have take her a long time.
I love that quilted pillow! I love the way quilting brings it to life. And that cat is cute, too. I have something similar in a bunny pattern, though I didn't make it. That cross stitch is lovely. I'm glad your in-law's home was saved from fire.
The pieced cat, the pillow, the cross stitch and the knitted afghan all speak to me. As a knitter, that knitting bowl is wonderful to see. It beats the large shopping bag I am currently using!
I love all your blue items today. I love that little cat, probably because I love quilts and that cat it just so cute. Have a great day.
Whoopeee! Now I can leave comments on your blog! Thank you for making that addition!
I enjoyed this post---I have to say I have NEVER seen a knitting bowl. How practical and pretty--all at the same time!
Dana
This is a beautiful Blue Monday. So many wonderful blues you have. Love the cat and the pillow. I have never seen a knitting bowl like that; what a treasure!
Linnea, your blues are so sweet today. I love that they are hand crafted. The cross stitch is beautiful and I am so happy your sister-in-law's home was spared.
Hugs...Jeanne
Hey Linnea; I love all of your pretty blue photos. Love the cat it is so cute. And the cross stitch is so pretty. And thank you for your visit and sweet comment..
Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs;
Alaura
Linnea,
I love the cat!! I made one like that back in the 70's...LOL Wish I still had it..Thanks for visiting me..always love hearing from you!
Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz
I remember this post from before and I even commented but I don't remember the knitting bowl. I think I just found a new favorite thing. :) And, how nice that you have your grandmother's.
Post a Comment