Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.
Words of Comfort
The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.
What I Am Working On Right Now
Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts
Sunday, November 9, 2008
My Turkey Wall Hanging
I now have my Turkey wall hanging up for Thanksgiving. You can see it in my header picture. I made this a few years ago. I think it was in 2003 that I made this one. I had found the pattern on the internet somewhere. I think it was from the Better Homes and Gardens website. I have always wanted to make a wall hanging for each season. Thanksgiving was as far as I got. I have a book to make a hanging for each month using the rag edge style. I just need to get busy on that have one made for each month. Hmmm...maybe I should try to make that a goal for 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Crafty Quotes
One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller
Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne
Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller
Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne
Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown
11 comments:
Nice turkey wall hanging! Hope you get a chance to make the other wall hangings!
Take care,
Hilda
HI, Linnea! The festive new look here is fun...and the turkey hanging ties in so good. And you blue outfit is FANTASTIC--it looks great on you. I love the top fabric, it drapes so nice. Happy Days ((HUGS))
I love your Thanksgiving turkey wall hanging. I've been thinking how I should make one or a runner for the dinner table as part of the centerpiece-yours is just adorable. I love the new look too: great graphics.
You are one "crafty" lady. I really like the turkey wall hanging. It's so festive and looks nice as your header also.
Hugs,
Sweetie
Check out my blog-there's a surprise there for you and I hope its a good one.
Your turkey wall hanging looks great!
Thanks for stopping by today.
Diane
That is such a cute turkey!! I wish I could applique - but I don't have the patience but I really enjoy looking :-) Have a great week!
Colleen
I tried to do mini quilts (12 inches x 12 inches) for each month of the year but I only got January, February, May, July, October, November, and December done. Each major holiday plus a winter scene and a school scene! I always have great plans but don't always get them completed. Thanks for stopping by. I've put you on my list. I'm glad you decided to visit me still, especially bz I'm working on a post about The Angler and other sewing notions that are really worth the money. I've bought so many that were a waste of money and it's frustrating. I hate waste. Anyway have a great day. I haven't had time to visit too much so I'm catching up right now before church! Cindy
Hey there! Thank you for the sweet comments you always leave for me. I really appreciate it so much!
You asked about the Jim Shore pieces in my pics. I don't own a single one! I grabbed those pics from his website to use this month. I love his art, and hope to have some one day. Right now I can only WISH those pieces! LOL!
Have a wonderful day!
Thank You for paying me a visit and answering my question about the pellets in the bean bags. That was so sweet of you. Please come again.
Your Turkey wall hanging is cute! And I like your quotes at the top:-)!
Very cute wall hanging :)
Thank you for your encouraging words on my blog. I'm thinking it's time that I change the way I am going about stuff. It's time for me to tell people that it's not acceptable. They may not like it but I would feel better with myself.....
I'm going to sit and mess with the stitchery. I'm sure I'll come up with some sort of cover-up. I don't want to waste the fabric because I'm down the end of my stash right now and I wanted to get these things done to set aside for the "auction" at Jer's company Christmas party instead of waiting until the last minute!
Leslie
Post a Comment