Monday always seems to come around too fast for me these days. But regardless here we are at Blue Monday again. Thank to to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting this for us every Monday. That has got to be a major commitment to do this every week without fail. This week I am sharing more things I have made in the past that have BLUE.
When I was taking the tolepainting class in the 80's this was the first project we did. A cute little bluebird. I did this on several things and used them as gifts that year. I kept one for myself too.
I also painted it on a footstool that still gets used a lot.
This cross stitch I made while in college in the late 70's. I believe it was my first cross stitch project. It is a small picture about 3 x 4 inches in size.
I did this one in 1989. You can kind of see the date in the lower right corner. This was from a calendar. I always wanted to do some of the other pictures and never did. Now that I am back to cross stitching I just may get back to it. I just have to find the calendar.
Another one showing the bible verse from Matthew.
And now the update of my current project that I post on the Step by Step Stitchalong blog every Sunday. I am still working on the blue checkered cloth part there. Happy Blue Monday to everyone!
~Linnea~
20 comments:
Love all your stitcheries--I used to cross-stitch. Your work in progress is coming along nicely.
Oh, I love all your blues today...
especially love that little fat and cute bluebird !
Happy day, bj
You're one of those fabulously crafty people that make me jealous. See my Pink Saturday's post, you'll understand what I'm talking about. I love your blues. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.
Those painted pieces are amazing, Linnea as are the cross stitch. You are SO talented. I wish I could do something like this. Great job!
Happy Blue Monday...
XO,
Sheila :-)
You do lovely work. Thanks for sharing and Happy Blue Monday!
Such great things. I especially love your cross stitch!
Happy blue Monday to you my friend!
cute blue items! you're so creative.
I took a tole painting class in the 80s too but my carpal tunnel was too bad and I couldn't hold the brush steady! I've paid someone to tole paint all the stuff I have. You stitching is coming right along too. You do beautiful work!
Beautiful homemade items with touches of blue!
I just love to see what others are doing that is crafty. The items you shared are so pretty and your new project is coming along great. I am starting a new quilt today but my last one is not quite finished but I want to make one to donate to the church youth group so I am putting the rest on hold to work on it.
Have a Wonderful Day!
from Roberta Anne
Good morning Linnea!
You really have some talent using your hands. Some fun blue here today. Have a wonderful day...
Dear Linnea, You have made some truly lovely things. Happy Blue Monday!
Wow...you are quite the talented one! Happy Blue Monday!
I really need to get back to cross stitching or crewel. Seeing yours inspires me.
Very pretty post! Love your work. I used to cross-stitch but just don't see as well as I used to - to count all those holes!
JudyBug
I love the little blue bird you painted. You are so talented. I enjoyed seeing your lovely cross stitching too. My favorite is the quilting picture from 1989.
Happy Blue Monday.
Lindsay
Linnea - you are one "crafty" lady. All of your work is lovely. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie
Happy Blue Monday Linnea!
You are very talented!
Susan
Your whole blue monday today was things made by you. That is so great! Good job clever lady.
Kathy b
All your projects were just lovely! I can't wait to check out your step by step blog posts.
Elaine :)
Post a Comment