Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blue Monday in the Sewing Room

Here it is Blue Monday again.
This time I am sewing with the BLUES.
I have both of my sewing machines set up on the dining room
table at the moment while we try to get to doing the closet
redo.
I discovered it was a pain to have only one pair of thread clip type of
scissors.
So the other day I bought 2 more.
And look!
They are BLUE.
Well, one of them is pictured here.
I put the other one by my serger.
Now I can quit running around looking for
the thread clips, or snips
or whatever they are called.
As long as they do the job,
I don't care what they are called.
~~~~~
I have also been sewing with fabrics that have BLUE.

I am using a BLUE zipper in this one!

And I am using this BLUE plaid fleece fabric
to make something off this pattern
which also has a lot of BLUE on it.
So what exactly am I making?
This is my sneaky way of getting you come back
and find out.
I will post more on Whatcha Working on Wednesday
and what ever I finish will get posted on
Get R Done Friday.
Have a great BLUE Monday!
But first go on over to Sally's place
at Smiling Sally and see others who are posting
for this fun meme.
Thank you Sally for always being the gracious host.
Ta ta for now!
~Linnea~

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Linnea! I always love to see what you're making. That looks like a fun project if you are making clothes from that pattern. There are some cute clothes there, too. Can't wait to find out!

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

katherine said...

nice project..I like the design of the blue fabric. wish i know how to sew. Happy Blue Monday.

Mine is up too.

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, I so admire those who are so talented with fabric. I never learned to sew, my loss.
Happy Twirls

Cindy said...

Very nice indeed!
Cindy

bj said...

Hi, Linnea...hope you are doing good.
Lots of blue in your sewing room. I
get BLUE when I have to sew !! lol

SmilingSally said...

It's frustrating to have to hunt scissors, so you've accomplished a good thing by buying more than one pair and scattering them around. I think that plaid would make a darling little dress. Happy Blue Monday.

Mary Bergfeld said...

When I was very young, my grandmother was always busy sewing or knitting. Ever the teacher, she would say "Idle hands are the devil's workshop." He never had a chance with her! I suspect he doesn't with you either :-). I loved your post and hope you are having a wonderful day.

LV said...

I am not in to sewing, but I enjoyed seeing what makes your work easier. Very nice blue showing.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Great project! I envy those who can sew. I have never taken the time to learn how and am now regretting it. My grandmother was always busy whether it was baking, knitting, crocheting or sewing. She was a great inspiration. I learned from her all but the sewing.

Thank you for sharing!

~ Tracy

shy said...

Nice scissors, I'd rather use the regular since I am not that good in using such. My MIL handed me a sewing machine but haven't got the chance using it. Looking forward to see some of your finish product here at Blue Monday! Happy Blue Monday to you!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Linnea! Can't wait to see!.. I LOVE the fabric, and the little clown fish I see in it.. which I've grown an appreciation for ever since the movie "Finding Nemo"!.. Oh, and those snips/scissors look very handy to scatter around from spot to spot around the house! That's what I do! I even keep a pair in my purse.. You know.. for snipping off price tags in the car, when I've waited till the last minute to buy a gift!! (0;

susan said...

Can't wait to see what you are making with the fleece. I SO wish I had learned to sew!!

Barbara Jean said...

Linnea,
that is a bright and cheery quilt!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

blessings

barbara jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown