Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Leslie at My Country Home
is hosting
Thank you Leslie!!
~~~~~~~
I have lots going on this week.
Hold on to your hats!
This is my current cross-stitch project
for the Stitch Along Blog
I belong to.
This the picture I posted on that on Sunday.
There are 6 shades of pink going on there
I am so glad I have the grid.
I keep getting lost even with that.
It would be much worse if I didn't have the grid to guide me.
That is 18-count aida I am using!
I posted this before.
I am still working on shortening pants
so I just used the same picture as before.
These are the black ones and I finished those.
But I also shortened a pair of dark blue ones for me too
and finished that last night.
I don't know if I am shrinking or what,
but I bought the same size as always
and now they are too long for me!
Not only that,
my B-Daddy recently bought
new jeans in 30" length.
They are usually a little long for him,
but in jeans he can usually wear them without my shortening them.
He is actually a 28" length.
Well, these new jeans were so long on him he had to
roll them up twice.
So I measured them last night
and they are actually 31 1/2" long!!
No wonder they are tooooo long!
Hmmm...I don't get that.
Pants labeled 30" that are actually 31 1/2 " long.
I shortened one of the pairs of jeans
last night.
They are still a tad too long.
Tonight I will shorten the other pair a little shorter
than the first pair.
And wash the first pair and see if they shrink enough
so that I don't have to redo the hem on them.
Then there is my jeans.
I need to replace the elastic on them.
What a job I have ripping the elastic out on that pair!
Yes, I am still trying to finish that project.
I want to take these pants on the trip.
Actually I want to wear them the
day we leave!!
Hope I can get them done.
Not much time left!
I have been working on baby gifts too.

The card that is not quite finished.

And the gift.
More on those to be revealed on
Get R Done Friday!
My sewing room closet.

See yesterday's post for more on that one.
And Helmi has been trying to help me again.

Or NOT!
She is in my way here as I try to find the pattern pieces I need.

Helmi, I think those scissors are a little big for you!
I think you better let me do the cutting.
If you ruin this I will have to get another pattern.
Here Helmi, you can hold the pin cushion for me while
I pin the pattern down.
~~~~
So that is where I am at now.
Working on this and that
and trying to get ready for our trip
to visit our kiddos.
As my granddaughter says,
"I so cited!!"
Happy Wednesday everyone!
~Linnea~
~~~~~
P.S. What are you working on?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Linnea,
Sorry, I am just now getting around to the blogs that participated on Wednesday....

You are busy as always :) I'm sure you'll accomplish a thing or two before this Wednesday comes around. You may not feel like it sometimes but you are speedy!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown