Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Friday, October 2, 2009

Get R Done Friday!

This is new meme I am participating in.
New to me anyway.
Today is my first time on this blog, but
I did my second week of participating
on my main blog.
It will depend on the project
as to which blog I post it on.
Thank you to Classy Chassy
for hosting.
Go and see what others have gotten done this week.
~~~~~~
In my Whatcha Working on Wednesday post,
I had several things in the works.
Now I have something DONE!
This is the finished look of the card I was working on.
I had to have it finished by yesterday.
And I finished it before work and took it to work
for the lucky gal whose 40th
birthday we were celebrating.
She loved it and so did our rehab team.
I was going to put this wording on the front,
but then I changed my mind and put it here.
All the staff signed the card.
The whole inside of the card was covered with
birthday greetings.
The back.
Interestingly everyone is amazed at how I make the cards.
They can't figure out how I do it.
I guess I am the only one on the team that does any kind
of craft/sewing/stitching things.
~~~~~~
Something else I have been doing.....
shortening pants.
One pair done,
three to go.
Plus a top to alter.
Better get to it I guess.
I also need to make another birthday card
and a baby shower card
and and and.......
Hope you all have a great Friday!
~Linnea~

13 comments:

Cath said...

Love the card Linnea X

onlymehere said...

Woot, Woot, a project done! Great job. I have toooooo many in the works right now and that is so unlike me! I better get myself in gear like you!

Barbara Jean said...

Love that you showed your card on 'what you working on' and now finished here.
Great idea!!

And your card is so adorable!!

thanks for joining us.
barbara jean

Leslie said...

Linnea,
Another great card! I love that you are able to make them so personal by making them yourself and that you add the cross stitch piece to the front as something extra, something you wouldn't find elsewhere :) I'm sure that your cards are appreciated!

Have a great weekend :)

Leslie

ClassyChassy said...

Many people can only use one side of their brain - my own sister is a case in point! She is extremely smart - good common sense, book smart - but not a crafty bone in her body! I could never understand that - figured everyone could do some sort of craft! NOT! So, you are simply amazing to others who are not as creative! Love the cross stitch - your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining in this week, and feel free to post for GET R DONE from both your blogs! Nice job!

ClassyChassy said...

I admire you for working on the pants shortening - I hate to hem, so for me, that kind of project would sit for a very long time! GET R DONE!!!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Linnea! This is just the CUTEST!! Always love your work! As for shortening pants?.. Funny thing is, I have a hard time finding them LONG enough! (0; Have a good night!.. and keep on smiling! ~tina

CC said...

Ooooo, the card is so sweet..what lovely work you do.

Angela said...

Your card sure is a cute one! I haven't ever done a cross stitch before.

Get R Done Friday!
Angela

Ruby said...

Very, very pretty Linnea! Lucky girl on her birthday.

Janaina said...

I just looove the card! Well done!
Greetings from sunny Brazil! =)

Betty said...

That card is cute Linnea! My least favorite sewing job is hemming pants. I don't know why...I just do!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That card is wonderful! You are so talented...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown