Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Whatcha Working on REDnesday!

Whatcha Working on REDnesday!
How is that for including both meme's in the same title?
LOL!
Actually I initially typed it that way by accident
and then I thought
Hey, wait a minute!
That works.
So I retyped what I deleted.
~~~~
Anyway,
thank you to Leslie over at My Country Home for
hosting Whatch Working on Wednesday.
Posting for this theme every week as I can
has really helped to keep me
moving forward on my projects.
Gotta show something I am working on
each week.


Also thank you to Sue at
hosting REDnesday.
If I have the least bit of RED in my projects,
then I am going to link up with Sue too.
More fun that way!


~~~~~~~~
I will start you off with some RED.
And green too.
This is the fabric I got
to make the
other 4 quilt tops
I plan to make
for Christmas.
Well, I am going to try anyway.
The fabric is really more RED
than it looks here.
Also I have not ironed it yet
after doing the prewashing.
~~~~~~
So what else have I been up to this week?
Sunday I took my 13 year old niece out
for pattern and fabric shopping.
My birthday gift to her was
to pick out a pattern and
fabric and I would teach her
how to sew it.
I suggested an apron as a good first project.
Her birthday was in August.
But she has a busy schedule and
Sunday was our outing day.
We checked out Simplicity patterns since those
were the ones that were on sale.
I am not going to pay full price for those patterns.
As we browsed through them
I explained to her the things that
made it easy or hard to make.


This is the one she picked out.
I rather like it myself!

This is what she picked out for fabrics.
The print will the the apron,
the blue the pocket and the brown
the trim and strap.
But as we were checking the pattern for how much
fabric,
we discovered this is a reversable apron!
Okay...so the blue will be the apron on the reverse side.
I forget how she wants to do the pocket on that side.
Anyway, I am going to prewash the fabric.
I always so that.
And then in a couple of weeks we get together again
to cut out the fabric and start sewing.
My niece has been wanting to learn to sew.
It will be a great way to spend some one and one time with her.

I feel in love with this fabric.
A littled RED there for REDnesday!
This will be for a special project that I will reveal later.
First I need to prewash this fabric too.

Oh, look! I love this fabric so much I uploaded the
picture twice!! LOL!

Hmm...another project in the works.
I am farther along with two more rows of
eyelet sewed on.
But upon looking on it closely, I sewed the
last row on upside down.
Ugh!!
Guess I gotta use my seam ripper and redo that one.
Can't stand to leave it like that.
I had to do some of this too.
Shorten my new pants.
Still need to do a couple more pairs
plus a pair for B-Daddy.

Another project I am trying to get done soon!
Can you see some RED there?
Ah....I gues it is more orange.
But that is RED and yellow together.......
A card I am working on.
Needs to be done ASAP!

Working on my second NOEL block.
This I take to work and do on my lunch breaks.
It is the easiest take along project
I have going right now.
~~~~~
Whew!
I guess that is it for now.
Come back on Friday for
Get R Done Friday
and see what I have finished.
What are you working on this week?
Have a great day!
~Linnea~

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Linnea,
You have many things in the works, as always :)

That's so nice that you're teaching your niece to sew! I think that's something that is really missing these days...it seems that my generation hasn't learned to much of anything and these simple things like sewing and baking are getting lost. I hope they make a comeback!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Linnea,
You have been a busy bee! I love the Christmasy fabrics in your first fabric photo! I love red; it is such a warm colour! Happy REDnesday.

Blessings,
Sandi

★Carol★ said...

You're going to make 4 MORE QUILT TOPS BY CHRISTMAS?!?! Wow, that's just plain amazing! I would be hard-pressed to make one. And that fabric with the hearts and dragonflies is just adorable! You are one busy girl!
Happy Rednesday!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What wonderful projects you have going! I like that apron pattern, too.

Bearly Sane said...

My heavens you have been busy Linnea. Enjoyed reading your post. I have a great GIVEAWAY on my blog that might interest a crafty sewer like yourself.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi

SueLovesCherries said...

Wow, that's a lotta projects! That first photo of the red and green together reminds me of flannel; and it's 46F tonite, so I might just pull out my flannel jammies!

I hope you and your niece have lots of fun with the sewing lessons!

What am I working on this week? Potted up some plants and took some cuttings to bring in. I'm trying my hand at a little decoupage book - I hope it comes out half-way decent!

Have a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown