Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday/REDnesday

It is Wednesday again.
I will be linking in with Sue at It's A Very Cherry World
and with Leslie at My Country Home
for Whatcha Working on Wednesday.
If you saw my post yesterday, you will see the progress I am making
for the 3 projects in 3 weeks.
I am trying to get as much as I can done on my
A Christmas Wish BOM project.
When I visited Kaaren at The Painted Quilt
I discovered what she uses to
draw or copy a pattern onto fabric.
It is mentioned in the directions of her download for her
First Friday Freebie.
I want to make that too!
A pen something like this one.
I thought, oh I have some of those.
So I tried it when I prepared the
MAGIC block.
Works great.
I love how it works.
So much easier on my hand!
~~~~~~~
I did more in my sewing room project too.
The room is partially painted a Sunset Yellow.
But it is not finished.
I moved some things around.
I had these things sitting in front of the window.
The full laundry basket was usually sitting next to it.
But right now it is empty.
Yay!
I have taken the door off the closet.
But with this mess in front of it,
I can't get into it very easily.
I want to make the closet into
an efficient storage place for
my sewing and craft items.
Then I won't have this mess I hope.
I moved the cutting table over to the other side of
the door for now.
I can get to the closet better.
I emptied it some more.
But as you can see I am not finished with that part.
When I empty the closet,
then I will clean and paint primer on the walls.
Then I will paint it yellow.
The rest of the room still needs to be painted too.
Then I moved my storage drawers
over here.
I can still get into the closet!
The ironing board is now in front of the window.
Which can be a pleasant place to iron.
I used to have it under a window in a previous place
we lived and I really enjoyed looking out the window
as I ironed.
We did those cabinets about a year ago.
The left one has scrapbooking things in it
and the right one has office type stuff in it.
I love the cheery yellow.
Can't wait until the rest of the room is also painted.
~~~~~~~
Here is a peek at something else I worked on.
I mailed it to Lady Jane for her
daughter's baby shower.
I hope she gets it on time.
The shower is this Sunday.
I will show more after Lady Jane has
received it in the mail.
~~~~~~
Now for the something RED.
I found this in the closet.
The Christmas dress I made for my daughter
when she was 5 or 6.
I think it fit her for a couple of Christmases.
Here is the tag I put in it.

A close up of the lace.
Hmmm....I think I will see if this will work for my
granddaughter. It is still too big for her though.
I will give it to her later.
Still working on the MAGIC block.
Also bordered in RED!
Happy Wednesday!
~Linnea~

15 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Linnea,
Happy REDnesday! Your reds are wonderful, and the little red dress you made your daughter is adorable! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Dawn said...

I have a closet just like that. I'm dying to get it organized and useable but I can't get to it!

The red dress is so pretty. Your grandaughter will love it when she's older.
Dawn

★Carol★ said...

Oh how I love that sweet red dress that you made your daughter! It's adorable, and I hope that you can rework it for your granddaughter too. Don't ever get rid of it! It's a precious family heirloom now!
Happy Rednesday!

onlymehere said...

You're getting there! I like what you're doing on all fronts. The blocks are really coming along too. Can you send some energy my way? LOL!! I hope you accomplish your goal.

Cass @ That Old House said...

So many projects!

I love that you have a sewing room! I'm going to try and have one in a spare bedroom -- it's been a long time since I've done a lot of sewing, but I would love to get back to it.
thanks for the inspiration!
Cass

claudie said...

Hi Linnea
Happy Rednesday
I love your tulip hat from your granddaughter..cute.
You are creative with fabric wow
Organization is something I need to work on lol
Love Claudie
xo

Leslie said...

I have my 'Magic' block almost done. I have the French Knots to do and a couple leaves because I ran out of the light green....I'm excited to be done and yet I'm not....I don't know if I'll get the quilt together by Christmas. I'm not much of a quilter...lol

Great work on everything else, too :)

Leslie

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Linnea,
Thanks for sharing your workroom/studio, I love seeing where people do their crafts. I am glad I am not the only one who has my ironing board set up all the time...you need to when your constantly sewing. Your MAGIC block looks great...will pop back to see the finished one...have added you to my reading list!
Hugs,
Sandi

SueLovesCherries said...

I love your previously shown blocks, but for some reason, I like the Magic one best - don't know why!

Libby's Library said...

WOW - you've been busy! Love all the red. Hope you get all your projects done!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi! I'm back again ... the red peeking out from behind the jam cupboard is actually a plastic tray that slipped down behind. Just sloppy housekeeping! :-)

As far as putting the pie safe in the sewing room - that's a grand idea. My Mom used it to store yarns, and it always looked lovely with the skeins piled within.

Hmmm... now I have to DO something about that sewing space!
Cass

Bev said...

oh i am so jealous of your sewing room, i am lucky to have a little shelf, and 'magic' is looking great!

LADY JANE said...

Oh My Gosh...Linnea...my daughter and I are both sitting here crying! It is here!!!! And it is perfect and cute as a button! It is adorable tied to the bottle...there are the same exact buttons in the bottle too...there are butterflies on the bottle...and in her nursery! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL FRIEND!!!!
I can hardly wait to share it with all the blog buddies...and special pics for you! Our Jalina Rose will love it! Hugs and kisses to you my dear friend...I am overwhelmed at the time and love of what you have done for us! Love Ya...Grammy Jane and her girls....

Roz said...

Love your crafty room Linnea!!!!

Have a look here for the Wattle stitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p-JV9QJUc4

onlymehere said...

You're almost there now! Thanks for the tip on the marker. I wasn't sure how people were doing it without the old carbon paper, lol! Do you use a light box too? If so, where did you find it and how big is it. I bought a small kids light box but it really isn't that efficient.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown