Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Time to sharing what we we've been working on
for Whatcha Working on Wednesday.
Thank you Leslie for being our gracious host.
You can visit her blog at My Country Home and
see who else is posting for Whatcha Working on Wednesday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week a gave you a peek at this project
I made for Lady Jane.
Here is a photo of the whole thing.
I made it as a tag she can attach to a baby bottle for
a game she had planned for the Baby Shower
she was giving for her daughter.
I had fun creating this for her.
It is basically my own design,
I got the design for the butterflies
from another card I made.
I just changed the colors.
I also made another Sympathy card
for members of our church whose adult
son died of cancer.
It is the same as a card I made previously.
I think I used a different yellow paper this time though.
I find that this design is quick to stitch up which works
great for making a quick card.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I keep plugging away on my BOM
project that I am working on.
Here is the finished MAGIC block.
In yesterday's post I shared more about this project
for the Three or More Tuesday post.
In the meantime I have finished a BELIEVE block and
currently working on another.
~~~~~~~
I have also done some prep work on
a couple of other stitchery projects.
Just not taken any pictures of those two projects
just yet.
~~~~~~~~~~
I am SO close to being done on my apple bowl
cross stitch project for
the Stitch Along Blog I belong too.
Here I finished the blue and white cloth and
have done ALL the backstitching.
I just have a few more odds and ends to
tend to on this project.
~~~~~~~~~
Last is my sewing room project.
I finished cleaning out the closet
except for that last little bit still on the shelf there.
The closet is 3 feet wide and 6 feet deep.
The shelf at the end will stay there along with the rod.
The shelf on the right will come down and I will cut it
down to size to add another shelf above the one at the end.
I have a tall, narrow dresser that will fit under the rod at the end
and I will still have some hanging space for
projects I am working on or mending I need to do, etc.
Then I want to use the Elfa shelving system
along the rest of the wall on the right from
top to bottom.
I plan to use the 8" deep shelves.
That way it will fit the depth of the all on the right
and not stick out beyond the door frame.
And I won't keep bumping my shoulder or arms walking in
and out of the closet.
The wall on the left I want to use to hang
a bunch of flat items,
like a yardstick, stencils,
smaller cutting mats,
quilting tools that
have a hole to hang them from
and so on.
I just don't know how I am going to
do that yet.
I don't want the hooks to stick out too far.
I don't want to be accidently bumping into them too much.
But before I can start all that,
I have to get what is still left in there, out.
And clean the walls.
And then apply primer,
then paint it yellow to go with the rest
of the room.
~~~~~
I think I have my work cut out for me here!!
Never a dull moment around here!
Happy Wednesday!
~Linnea~

6 comments:

Chris said...

Hi
Just popped along to see what you're up to!! I loved the cards and the 'cute as a button' and you've done so well with your basket of apples.. well done.
Chris x

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Linnea! Everything is beautiful! LOVE the cards, the apple bowl, the magic block!!... I hope you will show your sewing room when it's all done! I have large walk-in closet, very similar, that is made into a sewing/craft supply room, but it definitely needs a spring.. Oops.. FALL cleaning, but I absolutely LOVE it! ~tina

Leslie said...

Linnea,
You accomplished a lot this week! Wow! Great work on all of it :)

Leslie

onlymehere said...

Wow, you're almost there! Great job(s) this week.

Barbara Jean said...

Linnea,

Just got your note.
Hope you are feeling better.

Your closet looks like it will be great, and ta top little project is the cutest!!

I'd say, Go, get some pics of those messes!! ( I won't feel so alone then.) =0)

And get 'em posted on Get R Done.
You have time! =0))
thanks for joining in on the challenge.

Get feelin' better, quick!!

barbara jean

Beansieleigh said...

Hi! I want to let you know that an award awaits you on my most recent post! I am not sure what your feeling is about awards, but please know that you may do with it whatever way you please.. No rules or demands are attached, as far as I am concerned, and I certainly am not keeping score about it! I just want you to know you were among the bloggers and friends for whom I am grateful for! ~tina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown