Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday and a Challenge

Whatcha Working on Wednesday
is here again!
Leslie is our gracious host for this every week.
You can find Leslie at My Country Home.
Visit others who are posting their projects
for the week.
~~~~~
is challenging us at part of
Three or More Tuesday
to complete 3 or more projects
in 3 weeks.
So I am game for that.
I will get to that project in a moment.

First is the update I posted on the Stitch Along Blog.
I had done some of the white on the checkered cloth
on the shelf. Since this picture was posted
I have done more.
It is taking me so long to finish the last bits of this
even though I am so close to the finish line.
It will get there though. I have also done a little more on this card.
I think next time I will use a darker color for the
backstitch part.
Doesn't stand out as much as it does in the picture
in the book I got it from even though
I am using the color it says to use in the directions.
I finished my first Block #7!!

And I am working on Block #8!
~~~~~
And now for the challenge from Barb!
3 projects in 3 weeks!!
I have here 3 sets of the "A Christmas Wish" BOM project.
The project consists of 9 blocks.
I have the first 7 done on the one that is spread out.
The other two in the binder clips have 5 done with 3 more ready to go in each one.
In the meantime, block #9 is now out and I have that one
to do as well.
So my plan is to finish all 9 blocks of the three sets I have here
by Sept 29th when the 3 week challenge is up.
And.....if I am lucky I will have also started
the 4th set.
I am trying to make 8 sets.
I think I am digging myself in a hole here.
But I will just do the best I can.
I take my project with me to work to do on lunch
break. I take in the car to work on
while hubby drives.
Like I said, I will just do the best I can with the time I have.
Happy Wednesday!
~Linnea~

5 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Linnea,

TAhnks for joing in on the 3 projects in 3 weeks challenge!!

This is sooo fun, and I am getting more done than usual cause i know people are waiting to see what we do.

Love your little apple cross stitch!!

Keep up all the great work.

blessings on your day,
Barbara Jean

Leslie said...

Linnea,
I'm also curious about the finished quilt. I may have to do my own thing, though because I would like to hang it on my quilt holder shelf in the living room and it's only so big. We'll see!

You have made a lot of progress on your sets of the BOM blocks. I know how much work it takes because I have been trying to catch up my own. There are so many French knots and little things but I really, truly do love these blocks. They're so cute and amazing when stitched.

Keep up the good work!

Leslie

Debbie J said...

And here I am reading blogs on my lunch break when I could be working on a project. That's a good idea.

All your blocks look great and good luck with the 3 projects in 3 weeks.

Debbie J.

Libby's Library said...

Good Luck - as for me, I'm lucky if I remember to put new rolls of TP in the bathrooms...oh how I wish I could get some projects done around my house!

Terry said...

Love your Gail Pan blocks! I still can’t believe you’re making eight sets of these blocks!! Although they are quick to stitch, that’s still a lot! Unfortunately I don’t have any fabrics in my stash to use with my blocks so I have to go fabric shopping this week. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown