I am back again with a new post. I know it has been awhile. Different things going on. But I do have some new things to show you regarding what I have been up to lately. Besides working that is.
This is the latest picture of my cross stitch project. I am not moving along as quickly as I would like.
I have been working a lot lately. Just finished working two weeks in a row of six days each. A little much. I hope to slow down a little, but our Rehab department is a very busy place.
My niece was over again a couple of weeks ago.
She stays overnight whenever she comes.
These are the fabrics she chose from my scrap fabrics to use in her next project.
They are going to be gifts, so I won't reveal yet what she is making.
She still has a cast on her right wrist. So I had to do the cutting for her
after she picked out the fabrics.
My pal Helmi is watching me cut out the squares.
I show Helmi the squares I cut out. She gets so curious!
Helmi admires all the cut squares!
That was as far as we got that day.
Oh, wait, we did other cutting too.
But I am not showing that part yet.
Last Sunday I finally had a sunny while at home. Those nice days kept happening
while I was at work and cold, rainy days when I was home.
I had a chance to spray paint these shelves that will go in the
closet in my sewing room.
This is the spray paint I used.
Getting the first coat on.
I think I am finished here. I ran out of paint as well.
I thought one can of paint would go farther than it did.
Live and learn.
This was the first time I ever did spray painting.
It was so nice to work on something outside for a change.
I hope to get these shelves up in the closet this coming weekend.
And more organizing done as well.
We seem to be having more rain coming.
Might as well have inside projects to work on.
Thank you to Leslie at My Country Home for
hosting for us. Hope you have a chance to check out others who are
working on various projects.
~Linnea~
5 comments:
It's getting there! I'm waiting for a warm day myself to paint closet doors and the new window sill and trim to my sewing room. I want it done so bad but when you work full-time and have a busy life it all takes time!
Linnea,
It might not seem like you're accomplishing much, but you are. Cross stitch amazes me. I don't understand it and think it seems so difficult so any piece I look at is just amazing and I can tell it took a lot of work!
How fun it must be to spend those days sewing with your niece! I hope to one day teach Aften to sew and make things with her. She's very interested in it now but she always thinks she can make things that are a lot harder than they look. I don't want her to get discouraged!
Have a great day!
Leslie
Hi Linnea, Haven't talked to you for a while. I have been on hiatus, just being lazy!! You have been busy on your projects. I need to get a little of that energy.. Hope you're well..
Hi Linnea, I haven't talked to you in a while. Hope all is well with you. I have been lazy lately and haven't blogged. I am making a t-shirt quilt for my cousin. Hope you are doing good.
Oh, those spray-paint cans feel so HEAVY but spray so little! I have been caught having less than I needed, too...
Post a Comment