Boy, it has been over a month since I last posted here. Been busy with different things or not as the case may be. Today is the last day of a vacation. My daughter had come to attend a wedding and her boyfriend flew out to be here for the weekend only to attend the wedding with her. It was so good to have her home with us for a little while. It has been nearly 3 years since she was here last. We have seen her since then, but she has not been here. She had a chance to see her grandparents and other relatives and everyone met her boyfriend. We did not scare him off. Lol!
Then at the wedding she had a chance to see college friends since it was her college roommate that got married. We saw her off at the airport very early this morning. Last night we drove down to stay at a hotel near the airport, which saved having to get up super early to get her there for a 6 am flight.
*************
So, on to what I have been up to lately. First I want to thank Leslie at My Country Home
for hosting.
I have done more organizing in the sewing closet. The magazine holders are up there on the shelves now. But I don't think that will be their permanent home. It works for now though. Also I ironed and folded a bunch of Christmas fabrics I had. I was surprised how much I had!!
Here is a close up shot of the fabrics. It is a start on sorting out my fabrics. I still have more to do. As a matter of fact I am prewashing a couple of more pieces I found that were never prewashed. So I will be adding those two to the stack when that is finished.
I did an alteration for a gal at work. Shortened a dress for her and used what I cut off to make a headband tie for her. She was thrilled with that idea. I have to shorten one more for her and will do a headband thing the extra fabric on that one too. Did not take a picture of the first one. Maybe I will with the second one.
I continue to slowly stitch on my piece for the stitch along blog. Here is the latest update I did for that last Sunday.
The backstitching helps the window frame to stand out more. I hope I make more progress this week. So far I have not. Tomorrow I go back to work. I only work for 5 days then we go out of town again. We are the delegates from our church to a convention. People enjoyed our report from the one last year it was voted for us to go again. We enjoy it, so everyone said to send us.
This year it will be in Reno. Last year it was in Fresno.
Happy Wednesday to everyone!
~Linnea~
5 comments:
I love your stitching cupboard - So organised!
Hi Linnea! Good to hear from you! Love your new header! Love how your sewing closet looks! I desperately need to work on my own craft closet. Something I just haven't gotten to since the move back in October! Yours certainly inspires me to get working on it! Your needlework is looking pretty so far! You KNOW that crochet is my first love, but I've decided to join in on a stitch along ALSO!! I even started a new blog for it! So I'm very excited about the whole project!.. I hope you have a wonderful time in Reno. I've been south, but NEVER west! I hope you take pictures! ~tina
Linnea,
It has been awhile...But you've been busy so we forgive you! lol
Sounds like you had a nice visit with your daughter. I'm sure you hated to see her leave.
Your sewing closet has really come along nicely! Great work!
I always admire your cross stitch. You seem to get so much done so quickly!
Have a great day :)
Leslie
Enjoy your trip. You have been busy! It's good to see you posting though.
Hello Linnea,
It was good to see you post hon.
The most important thing you have
been working on is visiting with your sweet daughter. So very glad she was able to come visit awhile.
there is nothing like having your chicks back in the nest for a time,
no matter how long or short!!
Glad you are doing well,
Blessings, Nellie
Post a Comment