Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Monday, September 19, 2011

Still Unfinished Blue Monday

Yep! It is still unfinished. 
But I am further along though and that is what I am going to show you.
Today is Blue Monday with Sally
Be sure to go over there and see others posting 
for Blue Monday!
Thank you Sally!

If you visited me last week, I was working on a tote bag.
This week I was able to work on it some more.
But still did not finish it.
These are the ends which also have pleated pockets on them.
Like I said before, lots of pockets.
Then I added the solid BLUE at the bottom,
just like the BLUE on the sides.
Then I also added the tab closure strap at the top.
The soft side of the velcro is already sewn on to the other side
of that strap.
Upholstry/tapestry fabric is thick, so by this time
 I am sewing through several layers.
Hard to keep the stitching straight.
Then it was time to start putting together the bag.
I attached one of the ends to the sides.
Not quite a perfect match. 
But then I noticed on the pattern it was not a perfect match
there either. The thickness makes it hard to do and 
I was using my flywheel with my hand at times to 
get through the fabrics. Yes I am using a heavy
duty needle too.
The other seam. At least I did not get the pleats caught in the seams.
That is what I was most worried about.
I decided to do each seam separately instead of trying 
sew all the way around. 
This is where I left off. Needed a break by that time!
I also decided to start preparing this piece.
It is the tab that goes on the straps to keep them together
 when carrying your tote bag around.
For something different.
Here is a picture of me wearing BLUE.
Taken in Spokane in July.
At this place.
Yummy!

Happy Blue Monday!
~Linnea~



4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

That bag is going to be sooo useful.

Happy Blue Monday to you, Linnea!

Chubskulit Rose said...

The sign makes me hungry hehehe.

My Blue, come drop by anytime, thanks!.

Linnea said...

Hi Linnea, Fancy meeting you here! I like your tote bags; I guess the pockets are for your books!? Thanks for visiting my BM. Have a nice weekend.

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Love the bag!! That glass of wine looks pretty good too!!

I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me.
Have a wonderful day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown