Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blue Monday #21-Crafting with Blue

Time for Blue Monday again! Seems it was just here and now here it is again.
Where does the time go? Out the window probably. And taking me with it.
Thank you to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Mondays for us. Go visit her to see others having fun with Blue Monday.
First up is the update on my cross stitch project for the Stitch Along Blog that I am a part of.
I am finally finished with the bowl and now I am working on the blue checkered cloth the bowl is sitting on. Hooray for progress!
Would you believe I am already hunting around for my next project?
I have a couple in mind I want to do next.
This paper has blue on it. This is my list of colors for my current project. I am actually done with a few colors. See? I have crossed some of them off.
That will help me to ignore those symbols because I am done with those colors.
Crossing off finished colors really does feel good.
The other thing I do is highlight my finished areas on the chart. There is a feeling of accomplishment to see what is DONE. Plus it really helps me to find my place as I am working on it.
I was at my mother's after church when I remembered my daughter suggested I post pictures of the painting project I had done there years ago.

This cabinet is above their stove. When they had the kitchen remodeled I was taking tolepainting classes at the time.
My mother asked me to paint something on that middle section.
This is what I painted. The flowers are blue.
Here is another view. I was trying to avoid the glare of the light.

This blue goose is a gift I painted for my mom. The cloth it is sitting on is a cross stitch my mother did years ago.
I think it has Swedish designs.

This is another gift I did for my mom. This was a class project. I made two of them.
The other one hangs in my house. Except the word 'Welcome' is in black on mine. And harder to see. That is why I did it in offwhite on the one I made for my mother.
She has this one hanging in her entryway.
Another gift for my mother.
Two Amish children. I think this was also a class project.
I always intended to paint another set for myself.
I hope I still have the painting pattern.
Lots of blue for my mother.
Blue is her favorite color.
She has it all through the house.

Happy Blue Monday to everyone!
~Linnea~

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief, you can do anything. My SIL used to do cross stitch. She would enter them in contests.She won several times. I have a few pieces she did for us as gifts. It always amazed me they looked the same on both sides. You are very talented.

Hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

You have so many different talents!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I loved your cross stiching, and the wooden cuts out brought back memories of times when I did cut outs and painted them for family and friends. Thanks for sharing

Candy said...

I like cross-stitch also. Just finished my piece and will post as soon as I frame it.
Enjoyed your sweet blues. Candy

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Blue Monday and Happy President's Day!

Susan

SmilingSally said...

Blue is the favorite color of more people than any other color! I love the gifts you've made for your mom, and I especially like the Amish children; they look like bookends. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

bj said...

I enjoyed all your blues today...
I love that painting on your mom's cabinet....
xo bj

The Raggedy Girl said...

Yes I do believe you are looking for your next project because this is how I have ended up with more half finished or not started projects than I can do in the next five years. But I have to say that hi-lighting the finished part is pure genius.

Happy Presidents Day To You
from Roberta Anne

Melissa Miller said...

It's all so precious!
Happy Blue Monday! :)

Anonymous said...

MOrning, Linnea! You've changed your blogdress too! I love it! Now I really like your cross stitch! I think I see little rabbits hopping around the bowl. You're amazing! What can you not do? The paintings on the cabinet is lovely!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Heather said...

i love the two Amish children. very cute.

Sweetie said...

Linnea - you are just too talented. My very favorite is the work that you did on your mother's cupboards - unique. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

Oh My!!!!. You're so talented..I love it all...but my very favorite is the Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam at the bottom...Those are my very favorite patterns..I just love Sue with her puffy bonnet and sweet dress. Happy Blue Monday and have a lovely week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea, I can see you enjoy your crafting. I love the Amish children, so sweet. Happy Blue Monday to you!

Blondie's Journal said...

In spite of the organization qoutes, you seem to be quite organized!! As a crosstitcher, I know it can get quite cumbersome when you are using a lot of colors in a project!

Your crafts are just darling. You are one busy gal!

Happy Blue Monday!!

xoxo
Jane

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I can't hardly wait to see the cross stitched project you are up to.. you seems to have project every seconds of the day.. hehehehehe.. have a great week sweetie! take care! xo
fitty

playsdolls said...

i use to cross stitch it has been years,but I loved doing it,it was relaxing for me.Your blue Amisk kids are so cute.

Dawn said...

I have always wished I could do tole painting. You have made some very nice things! I'm impressed.

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Linnea
your artwork is gorgeous. Those litte Amish children look adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown