For a change I have managed to do some things to post on Whatcha Working on Wednesday.
Go and visit Leslie over at My Country Home for more Whatch Working on Wednesday posts.
I will start with Saturday.
I had to work Saturday and hubby and to tell me about what Helmi was up to while I was at work. Hubby was washing dishes for me while I was working. Hubby has been washing dishes for me a lot lately. Yay!
Anyway, Helmi decided to see what he was doing. She wanted to help, but Hubby told her that wouldn't be a good idea. She could get all wet.
So instead she hopped on one of my cookie jars to watch.
She is sitting on one that I painted years ago.
Hey, don't forget to wash this muffin pan!
Here she is continuing to boss him while he does the dishes.
Then she joins me while I make more PLARN. I have posted about making plarn before. This stuff is plastic bag yarn. I have found several patterns I am interested in making out of plarn. But first I need more plarn. A couple of my co-workers have brought me their plastic bags. That is how I got the green ones since I don't shop at a store that has green bags. Also since I took these pictures another co-worker brought me some yellow bags. What fun!
As I was making the balls I realized I don't need to make all the plarn right away. I came up with the idea of storing each color in its own ziplock bag.
So I cut the strips and put them in the corresponding bag. Green, white with red and black lettering, white with red and blue lettering, white with red only lettering and tan bags.
As I was making the balls I realized I don't need to make all the plarn right away. I came up with the idea of storing each color in its own ziplock bag.
So I cut the strips and put them in the corresponding bag. Green, white with red and black lettering, white with red and blue lettering, white with red only lettering and tan bags.I also will need to add a ziplock bag for white only bags with very little black lettering and one for the the yellow bags with red lettering.
This way I can grab a bag when ever I am watching TV or when we are driving somewhere and make the strips into the plarn.
I haven't decided yet which pattern I am going to make next.
But first I have to get size N and Q crochet hooks, since most of the patterns use those sizes.
I don't have those sizes in my crochet hook stash.
Sigh.......
Story of my life sometimes, not finishing things on time.
Oh well....
Anyway, Helmi helps me with this project too.
Notice Helmi is still wearing the crocheted purse I made for her while Stitching Stella was here.
Hmmm....I wonder what Stella is up to now.
Helmi has been missing her, so I better not bring up Stella in the conversation.
Helmi I need you to move. You might get your nose stitched if you don't watch out!
Now what are you doing Neabear?
Refilling my bobbin. I ran out of bobbin thread and this is where I refill it.
Oh.
Helmi had fun watching the bobbin spin real fast.
Now what are you doing Neabear?I am pinning the ribbon trim on to the placemat.
Placemat, what is that?
You are sitting on it!
Helmi agrees with me that it turned out pretty good.
Now I need to finish the second one.
Better late than never.
As Hubby said, they are ready for next year.
I want to make a set of these for every season and holiday for our table for two.
Time to go and find some St. Patty's day and Easter fabric to make some more.
What are you working on this fine Wednesday?
~Linnea~




4 comments:
very pretty placemat! helmi is so funny being a little bossy pants, lol. I love that she is still wearing her little purse!
Great placemat...I don't know why I don't make a few of these...they look fairly simple and that is what I need if I am sewing!!
xo bj
You need to send Helmi over to give Annie a manners class. She got into the sauce, and I mean SAUCE. LOL!
XO,
Sheila :-)
I love that you're making plarn...I saw a wonderful rug made from Wonder Bread Bags at the NY Folk Art Museum on our trip.
Post a Comment