Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday-Cross Stitch and Such

Hey! It is Wednesday!
Time for sharing what you are working on
for Whatcha Working on Wednesday!
Thank you to Leslie at My Country Home
for hosting this fun theme for us.
Last week I shared a card I was barely starting.
Well, this is that finished card.
I was only a month late giving it to my parents.
But I did want to acknowledge that it was a special
milestone.
55 Years!!
They are going to put the card in a frame.
Another member of our church died last week.
I made this card for the widow and sent it in the mail.
We will be going to the funeral on Saturday.
This one was quick to make.
I found the design in a book I have,
"501 Cross Stitch Designs"
By Sam Hawkins
I have to admit that I am pleased at
how it turned out.
Here is the start of another card I am working on right now.

I also did some more stitching on my third "Merry"
block from the BOM I am doing.
I just have the french knot berries left
to do on this one.
Unfortunately I did not get to doing
anything on my apple bowl.
This week I better!
~~~~
So, what have you been working on?
Happy Wednesday!
~Linnea~

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Linnea,
Love the cards. I just love that you spend so much time and add that personal touch. The sympathy card is my favorite. It's sad that the person has to get such a beautiful gift for such a sad time in their life, though :( I'm sure they'll really treasure your kind thoughts and the time you spent on it!

I thought I was going to make more progress on my wreaths. I still haven't finished the Joy from last week. I think I have like 5 French Knots to go. I just don't like French Knots...do you?

Every week you thank me and I guess I have never said, "You're welcome". Thank you for participating and keeping it going :)

Have a great day!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea
I love your cards and congratulations to your mum and dad

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I never thought to cross stitch on a card. What a great idea - especially when the recipient can frame it!!

Congrats to your parents!

hugs, Linda

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I forgot to mention I have Photoscape and I am using that from now on the watermark a batch at once. I just wish I could figure out how to the copy right symbol there. The ones I have on yesterday's post I did one at a time in another program.

Miri said...

Lovely cards...I too never thought of cross stitch cards, duh! They're beautiful and a wonderful keepsake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown