Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

It is that time again. I know I have not been posting as much lately on either of my blogs. I hope to get back to that more often now. But I have been busy with different things and work. The dark days make me tired early. But wanted to get this posted anyway.

Thank you to Leslie at My Country Home for being the ever gracious host for Whatcha Working on Wednesday. So let's see....what I have I been working on.....

My niece stayed with us last weekend to finish her project. Here it is all finished. She had broken her wrist after the last time we were together. So this time I had to help her finish sewing the pillows closed. Her name is Elyssa and her sister is Annika. Annika does not know yet what the project is. The girls share a room and these pillows will be on their beds. I think Elyssa did a great job sewing these together. Elyssa has already picked out the next project, but we will wait until she can cut the fabric out herself since it is her project.

B-Daddy and I finally got this shelf hung up. Well, B-Daddy did most of it. I just helped hold it in place. We have had this since the middle of November. I am glad to have it up. We hung it in the laundry room which is where we come and go. This shelf with the hooks comes in very handy as a place to hang our jacket. Before we were draping them whereever. We place our lunch boxes on top of the shelf. Works great. We got this shelf at IKEA. We had to hang it high enough so that a tall person would not hit their head.

I have a start on this piece I was preparing last week. Not much of a start, but a start. I did not post a picture on the stitchalong blog I am a part of. Hope to do one this weekend though. I have Saturday off and should be able to get to some projects that day. I hope so anyway.

So, what are you working on?
~Linnea~

7 comments:

onlymehere said...

I love having the coat hooks and shelf in our laundry room where we come in from outside and from the garage. In our last house we had a coat closet and no one seemed to use it, especially if their coat was wet from the weather. With hooks everyone uses it. I use my shelf for gloves, umbrellas, Savannah's changing supplies and snacks etc. I have some white buckets on it that I keep everything in. Glad you got it hung! I need to get Larry working on some unfinished projects that I can't do alone.

Leslie said...

Linnea,
What a bummer about your niece! I guess that will kind of slow down her sewing for a bit. She's on such a roll and doing so well!

We have a shelf with peg hooks in our hallway and man, do I love it! We bought it just a few days after we moved in here and it was the best thing we could have done. Years later, I found a cheap bench that sits underneath it. We put our shoes under it and I also have a basket sitting on one side of the bench that holds hats, gloves or what not. Makes it nice!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Really cute pillows your niece done! I like your shelf, we have one at our house too. They are really nice to have around. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Linnea!.. Love these name pillows! Sorry to hear about Elyssa's wrist though, and I hope she will feel up to sewing again soon. Tell her we can't wait to see what she makes next! ~tina

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Linnea,
So nice you are teaching your li neice to sew. she really did a nice job, and so nice she made one for her sissy too! They are really cute and sound look great on their beds.
Nice shelf, does help keep things tidy I bet. It is always nice to have a special place for things!
Love the lil hat you were modeling
that you made for your grandaughter.
It is very cute!
I need to get busy sewing on some curtains and stuff one of these days. Am slowly getting there!
Have a great day, good to see a post from you. Sometimes you just have to get a break, cause this is pretty time consuming even tho it is fun.
Too bad about Elyssa's wrist too.
How long till it should heal?
cause I am assuming they probably put it in a cast!
Blessings, Nellie

LADY JANE said...

Love the shelf...VERY practical..mission accomplished!
The pillow project is adorable....great first project for your niece! How did she get hurt?
I've NOT been a very good poster on my bloggie either...do you think it is the winter blues or what...or lack of time with us keeping busy with our little pals? Jalina Rose is getting so big so fast..I can hardly wait to teach her to sew!
Hugs and Hellos!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Linnea,
Was just thinking about you and wanted you to know. Have been praying a lot for you too, cause I know depression is not a fun time in your life!
Sometimes the Lord teaches us some of our greatest lessons during those dark times tho. No one likes to be in the valley but as our pastor used to say you never see fruit growing on the mountain top, it always grows in the valley.
From my experience I have seen that to be sssooooooooo true!
Know I care and am praying hon.
Hope things will be looking up real soon.
Blessings & Hugs,
Nellie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown