Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

REDnesday/Alphabe-Thursday


I am doing a double post today.
REDnesday and Alphabe-Thursday!
My current project is from this book!
And this is the project I am working on!
A cool totebag!
My choices in fabrics have lots of RED.
I got them at our local quilt shop. 
Such a fun place to go.
The owner was interested in what I was planning to make.
I told her I needed a jelly roll type thing and she directed me to the different areas
where they are displayed.
I found this one and nearby were the coordinating fabrics.
I thought it was cool when she came by and asked if I was 
finding any "inspiration" yet. 
And inspiration I did find!
Here I am starting to put together the front of the bag.
And the ends.
It is suggested to use a different decorative stitch 
over each seam. What fun that is!
I turned one section over so you can see better the decorative stitches.
I hope to not need to repeat a single one.
Here you can see which fabric I chose for the binding.
Pretty cool huh?
The REDs in the fabrics is for REDnesday with

So how the heck does "H" fit in here with Alphbe-Thursday?
Besides trying to use a bunch of "H" words,
the name of this line of fabric, that 's what!
It is called HaPPy by Jennifer Heynen for 
In The Beginning fabrics.
Hey! Her last name even starts with "H".
And I am HAPPY while sewing on this fun fabric.
You can see more Alphabe-Thursday with Jenny.

8 comments:

Esther Joy said...

Your Happy post exudes your happiness at working with materials and making beautiful things! Blessings!

Vicki/Jake said...

You're one crafy woman! Have fun with all your projects:)

Annesphamily said...

You are a crafty gal! I like all your treasures you create! Thanks for sharing.

anitamombanita said...

I'm glad you answered that question cuz I was definitely wondering where the H the H was...and now I know. Fun fabrics!!

Unknown said...

How fun, I wish I had the crafty skills to do stuff like this. Great fabric choices:-)

onlymehere said...

Looks like a great time sewing coming up. I hope you post the finished projects!

Cheryl D. said...

What beautiful fabric!

Jenny said...

This is looking great...

I love the different stitches, they look really neat...

I'm glad this is bringing some Happiness to your life...

Thanks for sharing it with us...

Great job!!!

A+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown