Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Pincushion Parade!

I was visiting Jo over at Jo's Country Junction and
discovered this is a pincushion parade going on!
Whoo! I knew I had to get in on this one.
 The parade is going on over at Love Laugh Quilt.
Beth is the host over there. 
 I will start with my traditional pincushions.
The two smaller ones are showing their age for sure.
 Then one day I started making these.
I somehow found the tutorial HERE.
 Each one is different.
This was the first one I made. But I was not really happy with 
how big the top turned out. 
 It is okay.

So I made the top smaller on the next one. 
Have not decorated the top yet.
 Then on the third try, I made the top even smaller.
More like the ones on the tutorial.
This size I like much better.
Just need to decide what to do on the cushion part.
 In the meantime, here is a fourth one I have started.
 In the tutorial, they use soda bottle caps.
I decided to go with bigger caps.
Easier to hold while working on it for one thing.
These caps are from the the Special K protein drink bottles.
 The bottom.
These are nice for taking in the car to work on.
 This pincushion is from Terry at Terry's Treasures when
she did a Pay It Forward. Soon I need to post about it 
and then do a Pay It Forward myself.
Terry makes lovely stuff. I always enjoy seeing her latest project.
 This yellow one is from my Secret Santa who is from 
New Zealand. Her blog is Michells's Place. 
Michell makes lovely things too!
 I posted about that earlier Here.

So that is my parade of pincushions.

And I have a pattern to make more.
I like that owl, or maybe the bird, 
or maybe the mushroom, or.....
well you get the idea!

How about you? 
Do you have a few or a bunch of pincushions?
The Pincushion Parade is still open for a few days.

~Linnea~

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi , you sure have a lot pincushions! I like very much the ones you make!
Have a happy stitching day!

lindaroo said...

You have been given some lovely pincushions, and the ones you're making are wonderful! Your embroidery flowers and netting are charming, and the way you've sewn on the ric rac is very clever. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

cute cute cute! I like the soda bottle top idea! Thanks for sharing!

Terry said...

I love all your pincushions and I'm happy to see you using the one I sent! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown