Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue Monday in the Sewing Room


This time I am going to do Blue Monday in the Sewing room. Just like I had done with Pink Saturday.
I am using a scrap of blue fabric for the background. And there you see all my blue threads. There is my black sewing box added for contrast and composition. I store my buttons in canning jars. This one has the blue buttons. Blue ribbon, blue hem lace and bias tape. Colorful rickrack that also has blue in it. Blue tin box for sewing storage. And last, that other blue print fabric is a scrap from the outfit I made to be the mother of the groom at my son's wedding. I am wearing that outfit in my profile picture which was taken at our son's wedding in 2007.

This picture is what I promised to show you in my previous post. This is the outfit I am making to wear to my cousin's wedding we are going to this coming Saturday. And no it is not finished! Guess what I am doing every day after work this week. The print will be the jacket, which is actually very easy to make. I was amazed when I checked out the instructions. The dark fabric is a very navy blue buttersuede fabric which has some stretch on the cross grain. It was the skirt I was working on Saturday when I was getting so frustrated with my sewing machine. See previous post about that. On Sunday after church, my mother helped me to mark a hemline. I will be making the top also in the navy fabric. I hope it turns out well and that it will be comfortable too.

Thank you to Smiling Sally for hosting Blue Monday for us. Such fun to see what others do for their Blue Monday posts.

23 comments:

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Delightful post for blue! Even though I am a hopeless sewer, I so admire those who can!

Unknown said...

Ha! I posted my blue craft things this week, too! Hope you get your outfit done in time!

SmilingSally said...

Oh, this is going to be such a good outfit to have. Make sure you take pictures. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday!

Knitty said...

I love looking at sewing supplies, and blue ones make them all the better. I have the same rick rack waiting for a project.

Susan Hickam said...

Congats to your son on his upcoming wedding! I like your sewing room picture- have a great week.

Tracy said...

Hello, Linnea! Thank you so much for visiting me over the weekend--so nice to meet you and find both of your great blogs! I just love your crafty place here, you make wonderful things. :o) Your blues and notions here are so pretty. That is a great pattern--that print for the jacket will look lovely! You'll be modeling it for us when you're done, right?! ;o) Enjoyed my visit--and look forward to stopping in again. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Neabear said...

Thought I'd better clarify the weddings here. My son is already married. The light blue print in thread picture is the fabric I used. You can see me in that outfit in my profile picture. The new outfit with the darker blue print for the jacket is for my cousin's wedding on Nov 1. Hope that helps those reading my Blue Monday.

Sweetie said...

Hi Linnea, All of the blue fabrics and other sewing supplies make me want to sew. My masterpiece was my daughter's wedding gown. Your blue display is lovely. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a great blue post. I love seeing all those spools of blue thread. I really do!

ellen b. said...

I really like your sewing room collection of blue!! Have a great day!

Coloradolady said...

lovely shades of blue. Love the fabric for the outfit for the wedding. I wish I had more time to sew. Happy Blue Monday

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you grouped all of the blues together to photograph. Blue is such a cool and soothing color.

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

Love all the blue sewing supplies! Good luck finishing your fun outfit. Happy Blue Monday! And thanks for commenting on my blog too! :)

Heidi Jo the Artist
http://swirlsofcreativity.etsy.com
http://swirlsofcreativity.blogspot.com

Mojo said...

I don't know so much about sewing, but I know quite a bit about frustration with machines! My condolences...

Kim said...

Hi Linnea,

I love all of your pretty blue sewing things. Your sewing room must look like a candy shop. I so enjoy seeing such simple everyday items used in decorative way. I don't sew myself, but I keep a jar of pastel buttons on my desk in my office at home, just to have something pretty to look at everyday.

Can't wait to see what your new wedding outfit will look like when it's finished.

Baba said...

I love anything the color "blue"..you are so talented to be able to make an outfit..I have a sewing machine ,but I have no patience to go along with it....

Hilda said...

Hi, Linnea! Can't wait to see your outfit when you are finished with it!!
Take care,
Hilda

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Linnea,
Lovely blueness in your sewing room today!
Happy Blue Monday,
Love, Ann

Kelly said...

Hi,

I may be able to sew thing but sewing clothes is what I really lack at. I am just no good at it.

I guess I am the type of person that likes to "freelace" my own designs.

My Grandmother on the other hand could sew clothes very well. It helps that she worked at the Levi
Clothing Factory. I often wished she was still alive so she could teach me how to do clothes.

Your blues are so pretty! :)

Kim said...

How organized you are! Lovely *blue* post...
*smiles*
Kim

Kathy b said...

Great idea for a blue post.
kathy b

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping in on my Blue Monday posting. Love your blue fabric and thread. Lots of talent here.

Kim said...

Thanks for visiting me this week. I love all your blue notions-a perfect blue post.
*smiles*
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown