Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Saturday

Earlier this year I bought this fabric when I was looking for fabric for a dress to attend a wedding in May. There was not enough of this one for a dress left on the bolt. So I bought what was left to decide later what I wanted to make with it. I have since decided to make a light weight jacket with it. The pattern is sort of a swishy type style. Yesterday I took a scrap with me to find fabric for a top and skirt to go with it. I found a Buttersuede in a dark blue that should work. This fabric looks very nice next to it. However, it goes on sale today. So I will go to the fabric store after church today to get that fabric.

Here is another teaser on my Halloween project. Obviously I am not getting this done as quickly as I hoped. But it is getting there. Here I am measuring where I want to cut it. Kind of hard to take a picture with one hand while doing something with the other. Husband was not home to help me out here. See my home blog for the info on that part of my Saturday.
Here I make the first cut.
Then my second cut. I did a couple more after that one to get it to the size I want it to be.
Then I do the same with the orange fabric.
And again with the witches hat fabric.
Here is my pile of cut fabric along with the baby hat I cut out that goes with that baby boy outfit I am still working on as a gift. That baby was born the week of Sept. 21st I think. This outfit will not fit him until next spring probably.
That is what I accomplised today. I feel like I move much slower these days and don't get as much done in a day as I used too. Oh well. I was wiped out from working 8 hours on Friday which I don't normally do. Even though it would mean more money to work 8 hours a day, it just wipes me out to do that.
Maybe after we get home from church I will have energy to tackle more sewing. I need to, I got things to finish.

3 comments:

Hilda said...

HI! Just left you a comment on your other blog. Have read a few of your posts here,too, and I have to say that I am in total suspense over what you're making with the Halloween material! I love surprises! How clever of you! Have added this blog to my list of favorites, as well as your other one. I'll be leaving you comments here and there! By the way, I found your blogs through my friend, Robyn's blog, Scrapbooks and Journals, when you've left her comments.
Take care,
Hilda

Kelly said...

Hi there,

I know what you mean about trying to find the time to sew and whatnot.

I am in the same boat, as soon as my 2.5 years old goes to bed, I am wayyyy to tired to do anything. I do sew and I am supposed to do a custom pillow and I have been slacking it off for awhile now.

I just need a gooood push to finish it since it is hangin' over my head.

I just need a small dose of energy from my little boy, I know that will do the trick! Ugh!

Dawn said...

Hi there, found your comment on my sister's blog and on katcollects, thought I'd check your sewing out. I like the halloween fabric, for that matter, LOVE the holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown