Earlier when I was posting the teasers about my mystery project, I had some orange fabric included as part of that. My daughter asked me yesterday, "So what did you do with the orange fabric?" Well, I think I had mentioned that I accidently cut it the wrong size for my placemats. I was going to have the orange be the back side. But I couldn't since I cut wrong. That was one frustration. But I had cut into a square, unintentionally that is. And that made it the right size for .....ta da...a napkin! Yes, I made my boo boo into 2 napkins to go with my cool Halloween placemats. So all is well that ends well with this frustration. If I had not done that I was maybe going to make more cloth pumpkins. But the napkin idea worked.

Next up is my current project at the moment. But again I will not tell you right this moment. Why, you ask? Because it is part of my Blue Monday post. So you will just have to check back tomorrow for Blue Monday. Heehee. This is so fun. Teasers that is. Uh-oh, I'm going to gain a reputation as a teaser. But it is soooo fun.

So what was my other frustation? Must be more than one, since it is in the plural form in my title. Right? Right! I was working on the above yet unnamed project yesterday when the sewing machine would not cooperate. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! Can you see how frustrated I was? The bobbin thread kept messing up. I kept rechecking the bobbin area, cleaned it out, checked my manual, tried changing the needle etc etc etc. Still kept doing that irritating mess on the bobbin side of the stitching. GRRRRRRRR!!!!! Ok, now I am really getting frustrated here. GRR! My husband was beginning to sense I was getting mad at the stupid sewing machine. And on top of that, my back was really hurting. Aack! I don't know if I was sitting wrong, or if I just got so tense trying to figure this thing out. Finally, I decide to turn off the machine, unplug it and take off the side cover. As I was sweeping and blowing the dust out of that area, hoping that would help, I notice the machine was not threaded quite right. Oh Man!!! Don't tell me maybe THAT was the problem. Here I thought it was the BOBBIN that was the problem. Why did I think that? Because it was the underside of my stitching that was a mess, not the top side. Sigh.....Ok, so I close up the thingy I opened and rethreaded the machine. VOILA! That did it! Problem solved! Sheesh. I went through all that and all I had to do was rethread the machine. Next time I will remember that, instead of wasting over an hour trying to problem solve the stupid machine. No, it is not really stupid. My frustation level made me want to call it that. Man, I was ready to toss that thing out the door! It sewed like a dream after that. But first I had to take an ice cream break. Whew! Check back tomorrow for Blue Monday to see what I'm sewing now.
5 comments:
Well my Nommy, I'm sorry that you had such a frustrating time with your sewing machine. I am glad that you solved the problem before throwing it out the door. It would not have been fun to clean up all that glass! Can't wait to see your project tomorrow!
I KNOW the feeling. I get that problems every now and then.
Glad you were able to work it out!
I like your bean bag idea so much, that I've decided to make like 35 of them for Christmas presents for all the little kids in our family. (and my own too!) I am making them 4 in squares. Do you think one bag of that stuff you recommended will be enough? I only want to pay for shipping once!
Thank you for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment. We seem like we're so much alike. I just can't seem to keep up with everything. I am currently trying to organize an extra bedroom upstairs as a sewing room. I am going to attempt a quilt, A Mary
Englebreit quilt. I also love the
Debbie Macomber books. I have read I think just about all of them. I just want to get caught up with the housework and have some time to just work on my sewing. BTW your Halloween table runner is so adorable. I love the colors. Please stop by my blog sometime. Hugs, Tracey
Oh, I also know the feeling of having your kids all over the country. I have a son in CA and one in Chicago and one that lives nearby. One is married, the CA one is married, but no children yet. I can't wait.
Post a Comment