Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday-More Odds and Ends

It is time for Whatcha Working on Wednesday!
Thank you to Leslie at My Country Home for hosting this for us
each week.
Every week I post my progress on the Stitch Along Blog.
This is what I had done as of Sunday.
My apples are definitely getting there.
I finished stitching the first block of the Christmas Wish BOM.
I love how it turned out.
Since I am planning on making 8 quilts with this pattern.
I still have to stitch 7 more.
But I am going to stitch all the blocks I have on the first quilt first
then move on to the second quilt and so on.
Here is what I have done on the second block so far.

And the third block is traced and ready to go.
I have the patterns for the fourth and fifth blocks.
So I am challenging myself some to see how far I can get before
sixth block comes out.
So many things, so little time.
Sometimes I so wish I was a stay at home wife.

Here is the Procratinators Blog Party project.
See how nice that fabric is going to look on my chair?

I have made those cuts that I was so afraid to make.

I moved the sewing maching to the dining room table.
This project is too big to handle on my sewing table in the sewing room.
Should be easier to sew the fabric when I can spread out on the table.
And that is where I leave you for right now.
Happy Wednesday!
~Linnea~

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your chair covered! I'm sure it will be awesome but I totally understand being afraid to cut the fabric and start it, too! It will be worth it!

Great work on the first block. I have the 1st and 2nd done and started the 3rd about a month ago! LOL I am so excited to work on it but I have so many other things going on that I just keep putting it aside. I believe I did the two blocks in a few hours so I know I can get caught up right away. I even have my friend, Shannon, into the BOM!!! She has almost all of her blocks done. The girl has become a stitching fool, I tell you and it's all my fault she says! LOL

Have a great day :)

Leslie

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Hi. You area busy woman! Your chair will be way nice in the fabric you have...I think that is a HUGE project...I'm impressed! I like the BOM blocks. I was looking at her blog earlier today wonder if I wanted to start them. Good luck with all you have going. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown