Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday-Odds and Ends

It is time for Whatcha Working On Wednesday.
Leslie at My Country Home is our gracious host for this fun posting theme.
Come and see what I have been up to this past week.
First up is my cross stitch update for the Stitch Along Blog.
I have already since this photo added more stitching to the apples.
We do our updates on Sundays.
I am always the last to update because of our locations.
Theresa in Australia ususally starts us off because she hits Sunday first.
Then is it those members in Spain and England and Ireland.
Then little ole me on the west coast of the United States.
We have gained a couple new members who want to finished those
undone projects. But I am still the only one from the United States on there.
Belonging to this group is really helping me to finish my cross stitch project.
I plan to do another one when I finish my Apple Bowl.
I decided it was time to get busy stitching on my BOM project from
I mean it started in January and here it is May!!
I found my light box.
Now I can see easily to trace the stitching pattern onto the fabric.

Here is the traced pattern.
On the next one I am going to take Leslie's suggestion in her
Stitching Tutorial and use a mechanical pencil.
After rummaging around I found I have at least two of those.

This is the pattern of the chair cover I am doing as part of
the Proscratinator's Blog Party.
I went back to the The Inspired Room blog
and I can't believe how many are participating in this party
Whoa! Picture my jaw dropping to the floor.
I am doing the blue design in the lower right corner.
Oh, I had to look for the pattern, it was hiding.
Next I need to get into that horrid closet and dig out the fabric.
First I cleared off the cutting table so I can fold the leave back down.
Couldn't get into the closet otherwise.
So where did I put the stuff on the table?

Oh, yeah, over here on the ironing board.
Can't leave it there for long. I need the ironing board.
You can see my tablerunner project there
from the Oh-Cherry-Oh charm packs.
I got the pattern for that project off the Moda Bake Shop.

Now I gotta squeeze into the closet here.

There it is. The yellow roll of fabric.
Time to lug it out of there now.

Oh, but look what I found when I was removing a few things
the closet.
A cross stitch project I made in 1998!
You can see the date there.
Never did frame it.
I need to get it framed.
And another one! Made in 1994!
This is not framed cuz of my boo boo.
Even though I prewashed the red threads,
it still bled onto the aida when I cleaned the project
after I finished it.
I was soooo diasppointed.
Anyone have any ideas what to do here???
HELP!!
I really want to get this out where I can enjoy it,
but not with the red/pink stains there.
This I made during the same time frame,
but never finished it.
I should really finish it.
I think I even have the frame for this one already.
Yay! The roll of fabric is out of the closet.
See how pretty it is?

Another closeup of the design.
I forget the name of it.

Another look at the whole roll.
I have been working on it while trying to upload these pictures.
Blogger seems to take forever to upload my pictures to my post.
I cut it down to doing 3 at time instead of 5 which helps.
Did not used to be this slow.
Driving me crazy.
So I multitask during picture loading time.
Okay, here are the directions for the chair cover.
I do lots of double checking of my measurements before
I dare make that first cut.
I'm sort of freezing up here.
Fortunately, I still had my notes of measurements inside the
pattern envelope.
I did the next step on this project.
Sewing the white fabric onto each end.
Did it on both, since I am making two of them.
And look! I even started the stitching on this. Yay!!
Whew! I think that is everything for this week.
I didn't realize I did so much.
And that is around my work hours too.
Woohoo!!
Happy Wednesday!!
~Linnea~

6 comments:

Val said...

Hello! New to your blog, got here because of WWW. For your cross stitch that bled, I've tried this and it worked, but you have to be very careful: Put the cross stitch on several layers of paper towels, over which you have put a white terry cloth towel. Put a tiny amount of chlorine bleach in the cap of the bleach bottle. Dip a q-tip in it, and carefully rub the areas that bled. After getting rid of the bleeding, use a new q-tip dipped into water to rinse, blotting well with another white towel. Don't ever wash the stitchery by throwing it in the machine after this, though, you'll have to hand wash gently. And you might want to try a Rit color remover first, as the bleach treatment is sort of a last resort.
Good luck!

Leslie said...

Looks like you have a lot of things going right now. You've made progress on your stuff and found some new things :)

I wonder if you coffee stained the piece with the faded red if that would hide the boo-boo. I had to do the same sort of thing when I had red paint bleed on a stitchery.

I started the 3rd block for the BOM a few weeks ago but haven't finished that one! LOL I'm anxiously waiting for the latest block :) I'll get them all done. I'm sure I'll spend a few days working and have them done in no time! And I'll find a way to do the Willowberry views and Shabby Roses, too :D

Have a great day!

Leslie

Roz said...

Wow, what a lot of projects/unfinished items you have going on at the moment, good luck in finishing them!!!
I love how you tell things, I was in stitches!!!! So funny.

Love Roz x

Susan said...

Linnea, you have been busy. Love the fabric for the chair. The is a big project! I am going to use Oh Cherry Oh next week. I like that pattern on Moda Bake Shop too. Your samplers are wonderful and your apple stitchery is sure taking shape. It was sure nice to see all you are doing. Happy stitching.

Archer said...

Wow Nommy! Everything is coming along so well! I'm so proud of you and how much you got done! That's super exciting. It's been a while since I'd seen the Apples. They've come along way! Looks like you've already got your next project for when that one is done! I love you!

stitchersanon said...

What lovely samplers.. Ihope you gt the red problem sorted. i done know what it is about reds but they catch you out every time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown