Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

It is time for Whatcha Working On Wednesday again! Leslie at My Country Home is our gracious host. I have Leslie to thank for leading me to my stitchery projects. I am so enjoying doing them. Through her I also found out about the Shabby Roses BOM project. I have not started that one, but I have downloaded the all the blocks and instructions and graphs available to date. I think I would enjoy doing that one too. The same designer has the Wonky Houses blocks too. I also downloaded those as well. There are only four designs in that one. Have not decided if I will make them or not. Also on Leslie sidebar is the link to Verandah Views BOM by Willowberry Designs. I love that one too and have downloaded those patterns and directions as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So now I needed a way to keep track of all those patterns on my computer. I have them in the My Documents section which has a folder with my name on it. Then with in that folder is stuff I need to save or want to reference later. So while there I made a new folder and called BOM then I realized it was looking confusing as to which block was which and how many did I really have and so one. So then I decided to put each BOM series in its own folder. Ahhhh, much easier to find what I want now. Now my brain doesn't feel so scattered when I am trying to find the pattern I want. Whew!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So besides straightening my brain, what else have I been doing? Oh, here is the update for last Sunday on the Stitch Along Blog.
I did not get a lot done I had to unpick a section because I was one row off. But I stitched more than I unstitched, so I guess I am still going forward on that one. Like I keep saying, the Stitch Along Blog is really helping me to spend some time on this one every week.
I finished the JOY block. Not as much going on for this one, so it was fairly quick to stitch.

And now I am working on the fourth one, HOPE. I can't believe how much fun I am having doing these blocks. Because of that I should be moving along pretty quickly on these. For the Verandah Views BOM, I discovered I had on hand the perfect fabric to use, and the right size too. So soon I will be printing out the patterns for that one and pulling together the DMC colors I need and that project to my list of ongoing projects. I guess I will never lack for a project to be working one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In addition to the above, I also did spend some more time working on my PLARN bag. Don't have a current picture at the moment. But I will post a picture when I am done. I need to decide what I want to make with PLARN next after I finish this one. I am accumulating plenty of plastic bags to use for PLARN. People at work are giving me their bags, so I am ending up with all sorts of interesting colors. Should be interesting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may remember that picture of the MESSY closet in the office/sewing room. Well, I am also slowing emptying out that closet. And looking through the things as I take them out. Right now none of the rooms in my house is considered neat. Since I don't have a garage to use as a holding place for things, I have to stash them whereever. I hope that redoing the closet to be a more efficient and useful storage area for my craft things will result in a neater house as well. LOL! I sometimes wish I can be off work for awhile so I can get things done. But I have to do things piecemeal around here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another thing I have been doing is piddling around out in the yard. I planted some petunia seeds in my petunia tower and some Polka Dot Bachelor Button flowers around the bottom of the tower. I hope it will be a pretty sight before too long. Pictures will be coming on my other blog for that project. Probably in an Outdoor Wednesday post in a couple of weeks or so.

I have also started drawing the quilting lines on my Oh-Cherry-Oh tablerunner. And I did spend a little more time shaping the fabric around my chair I am redoing. A commenter gave me a great idea for finishing the cushion. I will have to try that one. Did a new header for this blog too in case you haven't noticed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that has been my week. Now I really need to get going and get ready for work if I want to get back home and work on my stuff again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Wednesday!!

~Linnea~

4 comments:

Leslie said...

You have had a busy week!!! I keep stitching but not nearly as much as you! LOL I am working on the Shabby Roses and I'm still back on the Joy block and haven't gotten past block #1 of Verandah Views...lol I know I'll get to them. At least when I'm bored and feel I have nothing to do, I know what to dig into! I don't have to go searching for a new pattern or anything :)

I have all of my stitching stuff in separate folders, too. I have some by seasons and holidays and some are just by designer, the ones that I have a lot of. They sure do pile up quickly!!!

Have a great day :)

Leslie

Susan said...

Busy, busy, busy; I like it! The apples are shaping up nicely. I want to do all those BOMs you are doing but I don't think I could keep up. But it would be fun to try.

Anonymous said...

Hi Linnea
I have finally accessed your blog. Whoohoo. Your apple bowl is looking great and wow, you have been busy.

The Muse said...

your first pic has a remarkable 3 dimensional look to the stitching...i like that a great deal! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown