Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Unfinished Blue Monday


Unfinished Blue Monday???
As in Unfinished object!
I have this tote bag I am working on and using this Butterick
pattern because I love all the pockets on it.
I chose my fabrics at Joann's Fabrics.
These are actually upholstery fabrics.
This is the start of the pockets on the long side.
The pocket is lined with the solid fabric.
Now I am adding the pleats and attaching it to the next layer.
Here it is attached to the next layer which is also a pocket.
A closer look.
Can't forget Helmi!
She is inspecting my work. Thankfully it passes her inspection.
So far anyway!
Now you can see the two layers of pockets are attached to the next layer.
Now it is attached to the blue fabric.
 This part will be the bottom of the bag with some of it showing when it is finished.
Helmi decides to get mischievous and get tangled up in my 
pattern pieces!
That silly girl!
After doing the exact same thing for the other side of the bag,
I also attach it to the bottom piece.
There is where I am at the moment.
Unfinished!
I hope to finish it soon and then I can show you a 
Finished Blue Monday!

Thank you to Sally at Smiling Sally for hosting.
You can click to go there and see more blogs participating.

Happy Monday!
~Linnea~

7 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I will have to stop by again to see the finished product! Your choice of design and fabric is beautiful!

Elaine said...

Looking forward to seeing the bag when finished. I love one that has lots of pockets. Is Helms a Boyd's Bear.? i have a collection of them

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing your blues. It won't be long before it's finished.

Happy Blue Monday, Linnea.

Chubskulit Rose said...

The blue material is so pretty.

My Blue, please come and see when you have a chance. Thanks!

bj said...

This will be really neat when you get it finished...
xo bj

Sharon said...

I like that bag! Can't wait to see it all finished! Love the material you chose too!

Coloradolady said...

Great bag!! Thanks for stopping by!! I am excited to see your blocks after you get started!! This is fun...different and fun at the same time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown