Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Friday, August 15, 2008

Boo Boos Happen

When sewing I admit I make the occasional boo boo or sometimes a lot of boo boos. I mostly finished the baby boy outfit I was making. But I realized that this particular outfit may not work for this time of the year. It would work better for a baby born in the spring. So I think I may make something else in a larger size that will work next spring for this particular receipient.

In the meantime, the shower for a co-worker was today, so I was scrambling to finish that little girl outfit. It seams I kept making one mistake after another. That happens when I am hurrying or when I am tired. So I did a fair amount of ripping out. But the worst boo boo was scorching the ribbon on the baby hat. You can see me pressing part of it in a previous post when I brag about the mini iron by Clover. I had the hat all put together and was pressing the edge before doing the topstitching. It wasn't until I had done the top stitching when I noticed I had accidently touched to ribbon with the iron causing it to shrivel in that area. Grrr!! If it had happened toward the end of the ribbon I could just make it shorter. But no, it had tohappen closer to where it was attached to the hat. So I will have to do a little ripping and then replace the ribbon. I got replacement ribbon yesterday while we were in the area. I had to go to the doctor so made the stop there, especially since it was in the same shopping center where I was picking up my prescription for pain medication. See my other blog for the pain issue.

I just could not get the hat fixed before today's shower. I had to get to a Physical Therapy appointment for my back and then go to work. But the dress and the panties were finished. Yippee!! I wrote on the card that I would get the hat to them after I fixed my boo boo. (Yes, that is what I said on the card.) The father of the baby works with us also, so I can give it to him after I fix the boo boo. Today was the last day for the mother. She will be on maternity leave for awhile. Obviously!

They both really appreciated my efforts at giving them a handmade gift. And that is the best feeling of all. They recognize what goes into making a gift and thought it was special. Deed accomplished. There are others at work expecting. So I will continue to make them. One I know is a boy, but the other is not known yet. Fun times coming. But this time I will try to finish gifts early so I am not scrambling to finish them. But unfortunately I have a tendency to do that. For example the night before our wedding I was still sewing buttons on the sleeves of my wedding dress. Also I would be scrambling to finish Halloween costumes for my kids the night before Halloween. I made costumes nearly every year while they were growing up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown