
When I started making baby outfits I also include a hat to match the outfit. If there is not hat on the pattern, then I choose a hat from a different pattern. I decided to include hats not only because they are cute, but because we know so much more about the damage too much sun can do. So by including a hat, I am hoping the parents of the baby would remember to use hats more often on their precious babies when out in the sun.
Anyway, I discovered it was difficult to press those little 1/4" seams with my regular iron and not burn my fingers in the process. I remembered seeing ads, I think about a mini iron made for that kind of thing. When it was on sale at my local Hancocks Fabric store, my husband said to go ahead and buy it. Now I am finding it very useful for those little seams. The picture shows me using it on a baby hat which is on a pressing ham in a ham holder. The hat will go with a dress I am working on as a gift for a co-worker. The shower for that co-worker will be this Friday. When I finish the outfit I will post a picture of it. The picture in the side bar under fav product shows the full mini iron. It is by Clover and I got the set that includes a pouch and several different types of heads to attach to allow to iron just about any little thing. It also has a blade attachment that will allow you to cut vinyl by using the heat coming through the blade from the heat source. Click on the picture in the side bar to get to the Clover website for the mini iron and other great craft help products.
Anyway, I discovered it was difficult to press those little 1/4" seams with my regular iron and not burn my fingers in the process. I remembered seeing ads, I think about a mini iron made for that kind of thing. When it was on sale at my local Hancocks Fabric store, my husband said to go ahead and buy it. Now I am finding it very useful for those little seams. The picture shows me using it on a baby hat which is on a pressing ham in a ham holder. The hat will go with a dress I am working on as a gift for a co-worker. The shower for that co-worker will be this Friday. When I finish the outfit I will post a picture of it. The picture in the side bar under fav product shows the full mini iron. It is by Clover and I got the set that includes a pouch and several different types of heads to attach to allow to iron just about any little thing. It also has a blade attachment that will allow you to cut vinyl by using the heat coming through the blade from the heat source. Click on the picture in the side bar to get to the Clover website for the mini iron and other great craft help products.
No comments:
Post a Comment