Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Sunday, August 17, 2008

More on Baby Gifts


The pictures above are of the outfit and close up of fabric used for the gift I made for the baby shower held earlier this summer for another co-worker. This picture includes the hat. Both this outfit and the one pictured below are from the same pattern. Simplicity 4243.


I still have enough of the fabric to make another gift for another friend who just had a baby. But I am going to use a different pattern. I still have to give them the hat as I mentioned in my previous post. I had gotten replacement ribbon. Yesterday I sat down to start working on opening up the seams on the hat so I could replace the ribbon. I discovered the ribbon I bought is not quite the right shade. The hat will also be trimmed with rickrack like it is in the first gift I made. So I need to get more of the color I bought originally to have it match the rickrack. I will just have to save what I bought for something else. Sigh....I guess I will have to stop and get more after church today.
Yesterday I also started to cut out a baby boy outfit using the same pattern as above. This one will be for another co-worker expecting a boy. She is due in September. And then another one is due in January, but that co-worker does not know yet what she is having. So I have several opportunities to make baby gifts. Making these little things are kind of fun. As long as I don't make too many mistakes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too. Freaking. Cute. I just can't stand it, they are just too darling!!!! Look great!

Anonymous said...

Wow Nommy! Those outfits are absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see a pic of the little boy outfit you are working on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown