Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Washable Bean Bags


I have made bean bags as part of a group activity for work. We use them for various activities. They are great to have around. Problem is they are hard to wash with the beans in them. So I had been looking for something else to fill them with that would allow us to wash them easily. We need to be able to do that when there are infections or illnesses going around. I finally found this stuff called Poly-pellets. That is what is in the picture. We sent an email to the company we got it from and they said this product should work for what we want to do with it. But I am dismayed that I would probably need to order more in order to fill a bunch of bean bags. We have about 20-30 of them I think. Helps to have plenty so that more than one therapist can be doing activities with the bean bags. I ordered two 2 pound bags. But one 2 pound bag will not get very far. Nevertheless, I will start with what I have and see how far I get. I am thinking of ironing on numbers on the bean bags to help us keep track of which ones have been washed. For example make 10 with the number 1, ten with the number 2 and ten with the number 3. So we can say, okay we are washing all the bags labeled with number 1. I got the poly-pellets from www.roseannsdolls.com. That was about the only source we could find. If anyone knows of another source please let me know.

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

Thanks for visiting my site! I really like your bean bag idea, especially that it can be washed. That looks like a great (easy) project I could do. And it would be a neat Christmas present for all those kids in my life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown