Hope you enjoy my experiences in the craft and sewing world. Maybe you will get inspired to get back to your projects too. Feel free to leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

Words of Comfort

The light of God surrounds me,
The love of God enfolds me,
The presence of God protects me,
God is always with me.

What I Am Working On Right Now

Tote Bag from Moda Bake Shop Fresh Fabric Treats
Ear Bud Pouches
Delight block
Crumb Quilt
Baby Gifts

Friday, January 16, 2009

Apple Bowl Cross Stitch Project


I have decided to join the group at the 2009 Step by Step Stitchalong. I found this blog through a series of links starting with I don't remember who. Anyway, I figure this is what I need to do to finish my unfinished Apple Bowl Cross Stitch project. I don't remember exactly when I started this. But I started it after I moved to where we now live and we have been here 6 years. So it was sometime since we moved here. I have started an apple theme in my kitchen and there is a wall where this would look awesome. But I need to finish it to have it look awesome there. Right? So here goes. This picture shows how far I am currently. This part is the bowl.

This picture is what is it is supposed to look like when I finish it. I will probably want to frame it similiar to the way it is framed here. But that is yet to be seen.

This is where I found the pattern. This magazine was in my godmother's things. I am glad I kept it. This is the July/August 1992 issue. Which means this issue is going on to be 17 years old! Whoa! I can't believe it is that old already. There are other things I would like to make in this issue too. Maybe.

6 comments:

onlymehere said...

I love it! I wish my eyes would allow me to do this again. I love stitching.

Archer said...

I'm so glad that your getting back to doing your apple bowl picture. I remember when you decided to start doing that, although I don't remember the date, Sorry! But I'm glad that you're getting around to it. It will look very awesome when it is finished. Can't wait to see pics of it!

Unknown said...

Getting my WIP done is one of my goals for this year. No new projects until the old ones are done.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love cross stitch.. I stop doing it for a year or so.. no idea why but i guess looking at yours, kindda make me wanna start one!.. have a great weekend! take care

xo
fitty

Anonymous said...

hi Neabear. Welcome to the SAL blog. I just saw your work on it and it looks great. I look forward to stitching with you each week.
Hugs
Theresa

Susan said...

I see you do like apples, this is darling. I have some old issues of Cross Stitch magazine too. The patterns are timeless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crafty Quotes

One of the advantages of being disorganized is the joy of discovery. --A. A. Milne

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.--Helen Keller

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.--A. A. Milne

Bees are not as busy as we think they are. They just can't buzz any slower.--unknown