Plarn.
What is that?
I learned about this from Suzie over at Suzie Button Creations.
Suzie is one of the first bloggers I met when I started blogging. She caught my eye because she is a live captioner. I was so surprised to meet someone who actually does captioning. As a hearing impaired person I rely on captioning to understand what is happening on the TV. If something is not captioned, then I am usually lost and out of the loop.
Anyway, Suzie is doing this new thing and posting about the interesting things she hears about while doing captioning. This week she told us about Plarn.
Plarn?
Using plastic bags as yarn. Suzie gives us a link on how to use plastic bags as yarn. I found a project I want to try. But first I need some plarn.
Here is a bag. I need to fold it lengthwise.
Here is the bag folded.
Then you cut off pieces about an inch wide or so. But discard the glued end at the bottom and the handles part at the top.



6 comments:
mmmmmm interesting Lenea. I can't wait to see what you create with it. I just feel so sorry for poor little Helmi. That ball must have been so heavy for her to hold in her little arms. Please give her a hug from me and tell her she did a great job.
Linnea, Your header looks great...I just love that Gibbs sewing machine. I finally saw one in person several months ago. I never realized how tiny they are...so cute..I call them the "cresent moon" machine. :0)
And plarn is great for so many projects!
Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz
Hi Lenea!
I've heard of plarn but I dont remember seeing anything made out of it. I'm going to be really interested to see what you do with it! Can't wait! And Helmi is the PERFECT assistant!!
Hugs, Sherry
Hi Helmi!
You have been doing a terrific job helping Neabear! I love your interesting questions, you ask the things we'd want to ask Neabear. Keep up the good work and I like bears!!
Big bear hugs, Sherry
Will the plarn turn into something in a future post or is this it and I can now pile them in a big basket with my yarn and pretend I am crafty. Tee Hee!
Have a great Sunday,
Roberta Anne
Hi Linnea, Wow, that's great you've got the plarn going! I can't wait to see what you make of it! Suzie
Post a Comment