On my main blog I posted about our beautiful drive. But before we did that we went to the fabric store and to Starbuck's after church. Helmi was upset we didn't take her along.
Oooooh! Pretty fabric Neabear! What are you going to do with this pink stuff?
Oooooh! Pretty fabric Neabear! What are you going to do with this pink stuff?That is for me to know and for you to find out.
You mean you are not going to tell me.
Nope, nada, no how!
Neabear, you are one big tease!!
I know.
I know.
I wanted to see what else is in here.
Well, get back out of there and I will show you.
These are some fat quarters that were on sale. And some bias tape I need for a project.
What are you going to do with the fat quarters?
I have not decided yet.
I have not decided yet.
Then why did you buy them?
So I would have them if inspiration struck.
Yes I like these. So what are you going to make with these?
I told you I don't know yet. Maybe you can help me decide what to make with them.
But first I need to prewash all this fabric.
Why?
Sigh...Helmi you are so full of questions!
Ok, but why are you prewashing the fabrics?
Helmi, this fabric is 100% cotton. I need to preshrink it so that it doesn't shrink after I make my project.
I see. I think. After all, I am new to this stuff. You have kept me guarding that bear box all these years. Now I don't know what is what around here.
But I want to see what happens when it starts.
You will in a moment. Now get out of the washer please.
Why "he"?
Because that is what you are supposed to use for a front loader machine?
Why?
That is what the instructions say. That's why!
See, the door has a window in it. You can see the water coming in now. It is bubbly because of the detergent we put in there.Come on now Helmi. I need to get busy on my cross stitch. I joined this Step by Step Stitch Along blog and I need to do some stitching so I can post my progress. We do our progress posts on Sundays and I have not done any yet!
What is this? Does not look like cross stitch to me even though I see sort of a cross there.
That is the bag I keep my cross stitch in when I am not working on it.
Gee, it is a pretty bag.
Yes. Thank you Helmi. My aunt made it many years ago. She gave it to my grandmother. Now I have it. She made one for me too. It has some other project in it.
Helmi, these are my instructions.
What is the yellow part there?
That is the part I have already done. I highlight the parts I have finished. Otherwise it gets very confusing.
Helmi! Now what are you doing? I need that!
Well, what is this crazy contraption?
That is my magnifiers. My eyes are not what they used to be and I need them to see the small stitches.
Well, how does that work?
Here, I'll put them on and show you.
I see. Makes you look weird.
Thanks, Helmi. I don't wear them out in public.
Oh, good thing.
Neabear, what is this box thingy?
Helmi, I can't concentrate on my stitching if you keep asking questions.
But I am curious and I don't know what this box thingy is for.
Ok...ok. That is the box I keep my floss in.
Floss??? You floss your teeth with all this?
No, no, no...that kind of floss is in the bathroom. This is embroidery floss. I am doing my cross stitch with this floss.
I see.
I'm glad you see Helmi.
Uh oh. The washer stopped. Now we need to put the stuff in the dryer.
You can come and help me Helmi.
Oh goody!
Believe it or not. I did get some stitching done. That white on white part is what I got done. Maybe next time I can get more done. That is if Helmi doesn't keep interrupting me with all her questions.
What is this? Does not look like cross stitch to me even though I see sort of a cross there.That is the bag I keep my cross stitch in when I am not working on it.
Gee, it is a pretty bag.
Yes. Thank you Helmi. My aunt made it many years ago. She gave it to my grandmother. Now I have it. She made one for me too. It has some other project in it.
Helmi, these are my instructions.What is the yellow part there?
That is the part I have already done. I highlight the parts I have finished. Otherwise it gets very confusing.
Helmi! Now what are you doing? I need that!Well, what is this crazy contraption?
That is my magnifiers. My eyes are not what they used to be and I need them to see the small stitches.
Well, how does that work?
Here, I'll put them on and show you.I see. Makes you look weird.
Thanks, Helmi. I don't wear them out in public.
Oh, good thing.
Neabear, what is this box thingy?Helmi, I can't concentrate on my stitching if you keep asking questions.
But I am curious and I don't know what this box thingy is for.
Ok...ok. That is the box I keep my floss in.
Floss??? You floss your teeth with all this?
No, no, no...that kind of floss is in the bathroom. This is embroidery floss. I am doing my cross stitch with this floss.
I see.
I'm glad you see Helmi.
Uh oh. The washer stopped. Now we need to put the stuff in the dryer.You can come and help me Helmi.
Oh goody!
I see.
Now we need to get back to the cross stitching.
Ok.
I don't know.
I need that thingy to upload my pictures onto the computer.
Oh...ok. Here you go.
Believe it or not. I did get some stitching done. That white on white part is what I got done. Maybe next time I can get more done. That is if Helmi doesn't keep interrupting me with all her questions. Silly Helmi!
If you want to check out the Step by Step Stitchalong blog, click here.








7 comments:
giggle giggle giggle
this post is just so funny. i love your fabric by the way. great buy and Helmi just cracks me up
I love the new fabric. This post was way too funny!
Helmi is adorable. What a lovely post, you made me smile. I need those glasses. I'm finding it harder to see the stitches when I embroider especially when its light colored thread on a white background.
I've tagged you for a picture meme. Come on over.
What a cute post and a fellow quilter and cross stitcher. Yipee. I can't wait to make a little time to read backwards on your blog. I am adding it to my to do list.
Roberta Anne
Helmi is a nice person to have around especially to help with the washing and all.
Oh Boy, am I happy to see this blog, I can sew...some... So, 3 years ago, I bought a serger at JoAnn's thinking it would really save time and be able to make things neater. Well, I can't even thread it, I tried for a month, no results. Now, it just sits there. Maybe I'll try it one more time. :)
Hugs,
Chris
Helmi is too cute and she's into everything. You need to teach her to cross stitch...hahahaha :0) Well, you never know, right!?
Just dropping by to say hello and to see if you read my reply to you on my image blog?? It's perfectly ok to design your headers and stuff..go for it! Have fun..can't wait to see what you come up with. If you need any help let me know.
Hugs,
Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz
Post a Comment